Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
intelchiq
intelchiq began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-900
Question Hi and Help!

Well I have been reading books currently using my iPhone. I like it but I wanted to upgrade. As soon as I saw the Sony Daily I knew that was the reader for me. I convinced my family to pool together and purchase it for me for Christmas. They pre-ordered it as soon as they were able to but there is still no word as to when it will actually ship. The anticipation is killing me!

I am a bummed though to find out that all the ebooks I purchased on BN are locked and unable to be viewed on the Sony reader. You would think that a retailer of books would want to cash in on all kinds of business not just the business focused around their Nook. Not that there is anything wrong with the Nook, on the contrary the Nook was my second choice. I just preferred the Sony for myself.

Where else other then the Reader Store might I be able to buy ebooks that can be read by a Sony since BN won't work for me anymore?
intelchiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Hello intelchiq and welcome to mobileread.
Sorry to hear that you purchased books that will not work on your new reader. Hopefully the B&N drm will be supported by all devices supporting epub sometime in the future.
In the meantime, you can visit any other ebook store that sells epub to buy your ebooks. There are a lot of them around. You can use websites like http://ebooks.addall.com/, http://ebookprice.info/ and http://inkmesh.com/ to look for a specific title or author, and find a list of ebook stores that sell them.
Fictionwise, Books on Board, Kobobooks are some good ebooks stores selling epub that you might want to check out.
Have fun with your new sony!
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi intelchiq, welcome to MR!

If you're interested in classics, there are lots of public domain books here on MR!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by intelchiq View Post
Where else other then the Reader Store might I be able to buy ebooks that can be read by a Sony since BN won't work for me anymore?
Welcome to MR, intelchiq

Here is a great thread to check out : Where do you get books for your Sony Reader?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi intelchiq and welcome to MobileRead. Good luck with your new toy.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #6
intelchiq
intelchiq began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-900
Thanks for all the help everyone. I found a couple that I liked from the links you gave me.
intelchiq is offline   Reply With Quote