Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 08:33 AM   #1
jwsheets
Connoisseur
jwsheets began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
EZReader question for Robertb

Robert:

1) Do you have an eta for the v3 "catch-uo" firmware that will bring it up-to-speed with the v5? My wife's PP works great with the latest firmware release. (cross my fingers)

2) Do you know if the next v3 firmware release will include the ability to follow internal hyperlinks as the v5 firmware allows now?

3) Have you heard whether or not the factory is working on a "back" button for hyperlinks?

4) Robert if you will look in the Hanlin forum on this site and install LArT's Hanlin firmware on the EZReader you will see how many of the requests people have been making "looks" like. Sometimes seeing is better than hearing or reading.

5) Does Astak have any plans to offer a v3 with a scroll wheel like the PP has? I like the scrollwheel on Kaye's PP but I like the size of my v3.

You are doing a great job, you offer a great product. Keep up the good work!

jwsheets
jwsheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
Counter
Connoisseur
Counter began at the beginning.

Device: EzReader
I second this post. Robert has newer firmware from 11/05/09 that is missing from their site and he is supposed to get it back up and let me know as I am buying the Astak (v3) 6"

I think it will be a great 1st reader for my wife and if she likes using a device like that, I will take it and upgrade her to a Sony900.
Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsheets View Post
2) Do you know if the next v3 firmware release will include the ability to follow internal hyperlinks as the v5 firmware allows now?

3) Have you heard whether or not the factory is working on a "back" button for hyperlinks?
If you're willing to switch firmware, OpenInkpot already has both.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Not yet for the V3 upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsheets View Post
Robert:

1) Do you have an eta for the v3 "catch-uo" firmware that will bring it up-to-speed with the v5? My wife's PP works great with the latest firmware release. (cross my fingers)

4) Robert if you will look in the Hanlin forum on this site and install LArT's Hanlin firmware on the EZReader you will see how many of the requests people have been making "looks" like. Sometimes seeing is better than hearing or reading.

5) Does Astak have any plans to offer a v3 with a scroll wheel like the PP has? I like the scrollwheel on Kaye's PP but I like the size of my v3.

You are doing a great job, you offer a great product. Keep up the good work!

jwsheets
Dear All:

We are waiting now for a firmware upgrade from the factory for the V3... which is known as the EZ Reader Basic (a great machine)!!

I have over and over told the factory that they should do a "V3 Plus". So far... nothing. I would love to see an EZ Reader Basic with the Epson controller and a scroll wheel and 8 level grey scale.

Now, keep in mind, folks, that factories stay very quiet for months before the CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas (January 7-10). Both of our factories have booths there. It is definitely in keeping with this factory to say "NOT A WORD" and then come out at CES with the announcement of new products. In any case... I can talk with them there.

This factory builds great product BUT does not want ANYBODY spreading the word about new products. I did about the Pocket PRO and almost lost my job over it! I am trying to spread facts and stir up the hype and get people ready to buy... and they are LIVID over it.

Wait about 3-4 more weeks and we should know what is going on!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote