Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Dumb Question, but...

As a migrant from the DR1000S, am used to having to turn the eBook reader off whenever I'm not looking at it, because

a) the battery is depleted even when nothing is being read.
b) the system shut itself down after a set time.

Am I better off shutting the PP off, which I am currently doing, or can I just lock the keyboard and leave it?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
I have a BeBook, which is basicly the same reader, and I never turn of my reader, just lock the keyboard. And it doesn't draw any currency while not using it.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #3
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Awesome!

New dumb question. Can I reset the font that ePub can open in arial rather than times?
Old 12-04-2009, 09:18 AM   #4
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
Awesome!

New dumb question. Can I reset the font that ePub can open in arial rather than times?
Nope, ePub-reader on the Hanlin rebrands does not support changing fonts unless the font itself is imedded in the ePub. Which is a major shortcoming as far as I am concerned and hopefully it will get adressed in a firmware update somewhere down the road.

Though I must confess that I rather read a seriff font than a sans.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #5
omro
Addict

I have a personal loathing for times and so I'm going to have to download my books from feedbooks in custom PDF, rather than ePub, until this option appears.
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Nope, ePub-reader on the Hanlin rebrands does not support changing fonts unless the font itself is imedded in the ePub. Which is a major shortcoming as far as I am concerned and hopefully it will get adressed in a firmware update somewhere down the road.

Though I must confess that I rather read a seriff font than a sans.
Actually only the reference to the font has to be inside the ePUB file, not the font itself. Check: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58901

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #7
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
I have a personal loathing for times and so I'm going to have to download my books from feedbooks in custom PDF, rather than ePub, until this option appears.
It's worse than that, not only is it that loathsome time roman font, it's a gre coloured font - so you don't even get the full contrast that the PP is capable of.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote