View Full Version : Going big...Entourage eDGe is coming home...

mgm1979
12-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Been watching the eReader scene for a few years now, picked up a Sony PRS-500 series for my fiance last Christmas...started to really get excited about the Nook, until my eyes caught this baby - best of both worlds...?

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/03/marvells-armada-chip-bringing-hd-quality-video-3d-graphics-su/

I'm probably gonna go crazy waiting for it for 3 months, but we'll see. Pre-ordered it today, to make sure I'm early in line for shipping...

At this rate, FEB is about the time I could expect a Nook anyway :smack:

Just curious what everyone else thinks about this thing, and its potential...I mean, a more than capable, feature-rich eReader WITH an Android-based netbook in one device (less than an inch thick). :2thumbsup

Timoleon
12-03-2009, 11:41 PM
I think the concept is OK --- for now, anyway --- but the bezel is just too d*mned big!

mgm1979
12-04-2009, 12:36 AM
the prototype, I agree...but if the final production units are going to look anything like the "closed" pic that is up on their site now, I think it's more than tolerable.

We'll see - I might be singing a different tune in February...

Sweetpea
12-04-2009, 05:10 AM
the prototype, I agree...but if the final production units are going to look anything like the "closed" pic that is up on their site now, I think it's more than tolerable.

We'll see - I might be singing a different tune in February...

Still, remove 3/4th of the bezel and they most likely have another buyer...

Laura81
12-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Looks like a great device except for as everyone else has mentioned, how big the bezel is. I'm with sweetpea.