Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-26-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
tref
tref began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro
Lightbulb Reconnecting with PC - fix drive?

Guys,

I have been a proud owner for a month or so, and I have a question:

Whenever I connect my EZReader Pro to the PC and press OK to connect, Vista throws a warning suggesting repair on the drive. If I select to do so, there are no errors reported. In addition, it contains the bit about "this may occur if you have not properly removed the media", but I ALWAYS disconnect the EZReader using the "USB - Safely remove device" and it always disconnects properly.

It happens to "both" drives, meaning the SD card and the built-in storage.
I already re-formatted, just in case, and loaded latest firmware.

Any clues?

Thanks!

Last edited by tref; 11-26-2009 at 08:09 PM.
tref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I blame Vista
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
tref
tref began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
I blame Vista
I have to admit it's easy to do so, but not a single other mass storage device I own exhibits such behavior.
tref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Bizarre, alas I only have XP and will be buying W7 tomorrow. So don't know much about Vista.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #5
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
I have to admit it's easy to do so, but not a single other mass storage device I own exhibits such behavior.
I see it all the time with other usb devices and drives. There's most likely nothing wrong with the drive.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #6
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
Bizarre, alas I only have XP and will be buying W7 tomorrow. So don't know much about Vista.
W7 does the same thing as vista.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezreader sd repair