Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
mobipocket question

I had a DR1000s which supports the mobipocket online store. I downloaded a book from there that I refer to a fair amount. Will I be able to read this on my new Pocket Pro, when it arrives, or will I have to buy the book again in a different format?

Thanks!
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
I had a DR1000s which supports the mobipocket online store. I downloaded a book from there that I refer to a fair amount. Will I be able to read this on my new Pocket Pro, when it arrives, or will I have to buy the book again in a different format?

Thanks!
Unless you're willing to "liberate" the book, you will have to buy a different format. The PP doesn't support DRM'd mobipocket books. Luckily, the liberation process is fairly easy...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Books from mobipocket.com always have DRM (encryption), and the Pocket Pro does not support MOBI DRM. For DRMed ebooks it supports Adobe (PDF and ePub).

The python script mobidedrm.py can strip the DRM from a MOBI ebook, and this is probably legal in the US (for example) if done for personal use on ebooks you bought.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well I have paid for the book and I have the online receipt and no one else I know even has an eBook reader so, maybe I can get away with that? lol
Old 11-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #5
omro
Addict

How does one run the script within XP?
Advert
Old 11-25-2009, 10:08 AM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
There are many threads on mobidedrm, but the short answer is: in a command window. See Kindle Visual Guide for Command Prompt Vista/XP/Mac and Install Python Windows.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
omro
Addict

Thanks, much appreciated
Old 11-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #8
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Pocket PRO does support non-DRM Mobi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
Thanks, much appreciated
Dear Omro:

Yes, we did try to go with DRM Mobi when we first came out with our lines. Mobi refused. They did not want us to have their format and it is "exclusive" anyway... meaning you could not port both Mobi and ADE on the same device.

The Pocket PRO will display non-DRM Mobi.

I just did not want you thinking that Astak did not try... because we did.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
omro
Addict

Thanks Robert,

I only have the 1 mobipocket paid for book. I was so frustrated with the DR1000 that I didn't invest in buying many books for it in the end. If I can convert it to a non DRM format for my own perusal, I'll be happy!