Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-23-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Another Paint Issue (Black)

Soooo... My Black Pocket Pro is wrinkling and it's past the 14 days though. Too late for me to get a replacement?

Last edited by Xerxes; 11-23-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
NNOOOO!! Out of curiosity when did you get your PP?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
I think I got this one about 5, maybe 6 weeks ago. I sent it back for another small issue. So this is a replacement. I can't describe the look that hit my face when I saw the wrinkling. I know it felt like I slipped into some bizzaro world. Still rocking some major disbelief here.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:42 AM   #4
snowcandy
snowcandy began at the beginning.

Device: EzReader Pocket Pro, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-650, Kindle Voyage
I have also encountered similar issues here with my white one. A tiny bit of paint came out on the "0" button, although I've yet to see the paint peeling elsewhere.
snowcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:50 AM   #5
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcandy View Post
I have also encountered similar issues here with my white one. A tiny bit of paint came out on the "0" button, although I've yet to see the paint peeling elsewhere.
I don't think that's the same as the wrinkling paint issue that was the major cause of concern. I have a white reader too, only a few weeks old, and no sign of problems yet.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2009, 05:36 AM   #6
usagi_chan
Enthusiast
usagi_chan began at the beginning.

Device: Black Pocket Pro (my preciousss)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcandy View Post
Same here, with my black PEZ. Probably from the extensive use of the 0 button. But it doesn't bother me so much.
usagi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:34 AM   #7
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I just literally bought the classic maroon pocket pro from Newegg here in Canada. Do you think it'll suffer from the same paint issues?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #8
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
14 days is the return period. 90 days is the warranty period.
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #9
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Well, I'd rather avoid that if I can, so is there a batch of serial numbers which have this issue and perhaps I can see if I have that serial number before even going too far?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #10
Triker
Triker began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Soooo... My Black Pocket Pro is wrinkling and it's past the 14 days though. Too late for me to get a replacement?
My white is peeling. Still haven't got a response from Astak support, after a week .

(*edit* reader was ordered on the 28th September - lasted about 3 novels before peeling).
Triker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:09 PM   #11
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker View Post
My white is peeling. Still haven't got a response from Astak support, after a week .

Yet another report that Astak support don't respond. I have been waiting about a month - luckily mine is a non-critical issue with a work around.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:28 PM   #12
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker View Post

(*edit* reader was ordered on the 28th September - lasted about 3 novels before peeling).
Argh bugger. I ordered my black one around the same time. How bad is the peeling on your white PP?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:03 AM   #13
daizyduke
Enthusiast
daizyduke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
If the paint is a problem, why don't they sell them the color they come from manufacturer? Why paint them to begin with? Are any of them not painted? Just curious.
daizyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:41 AM   #14
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizyduke View Post
If the paint is a problem, why don't they sell them the color they come from manufacturer? Why paint them to begin with? Are any of them not painted? Just curious.
People want to have a choice of colours.

and the 'paint' is a nice almost-rubbery feeling coating.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:23 AM   #15
robvarga
Connoisseur
robvarga began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini
But we also want a chance of anticipating what kind of problems we may have... if having colors mean that we have it possibly for a short period of time and then some ugly grey peeks out, I may not want to have that color.
robvarga is offline   Reply With Quote