Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #1
tdel010
tdel010 began at the beginning.

Device: astak ezreader
Just ordered ezreader pro-affirm me!

Hi all,

After reading these forums for a while, I decided the ezreader pro sounded like the best device for me. The clincher was reading that the Sony ebookstore is converting to epub format by the end of the year. I found that for some of the books I want to read, the Sony store had much cheaper prices (subsidized?) than some of the other ebook stores. For that reason alone, I was considering a Sony ereader. However, since they're converting to epub, the biggest factor preventing me from ordering an ezreader was eliminated.

Although Astak isn't a household name like Sony, it seems like most people on these forums are very happy with them, so I decided to take a chance. Great price, supports everything, plus multilingual support (I read some Japanese stuff from time to time). As long as the build quality is good, I think I'll be happy...

right?!

Tom
tdel010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdel010 View Post
Hi all,

After reading these forums for a while, I decided the ezreader pro sounded like the best device for me. The clincher was reading that the Sony ebookstore is converting to epub format by the end of the year. I found that for some of the books I want to read, the Sony store had much cheaper prices (subsidized?) than some of the other ebook stores. For that reason alone, I was considering a Sony ereader. However, since they're converting to epub, the biggest factor preventing me from ordering an ezreader was eliminated.

Although Astak isn't a household name like Sony, it seems like most people on these forums are very happy with them, so I decided to take a chance. Great price, supports everything, plus multilingual support (I read some Japanese stuff from time to time). As long as the build quality is good, I think I'll be happy...

right?!

Tom
Yes!

While Astak may not be a household name, and I hate Sony as a company anyway, the device is sold under various names around the world - such as Bebook/Hanlin/Astak, and is made by Jinke. That makes me confident about it as a "stayer" in the market.

...and anyway, it is a great device - I really enjoy using it as a reader.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
JIGACE
JIGACE began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
You wont regret it i got mine about 6 weeks ago, and its the best buy I made in a long time!!
JIGACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
I am affirming!!

I work for Astak so I am likely biased.

But, I know what I love and I sell what I believe in. I think your choice will prove to be one of your best. The Pocket PRO is really an incredible device for so little money.

Please read our FAQ sheet on our website (www.theEZreader.com) under "support". That is crammed with great tips.

Also... I caution all to remember that battery charge gauges are meant as a rough guide. They do get more accurate with use... but I recharge mine when it gets down to a little below half charge. IF you are going to see any problems it will almost always be because you need to recharge. Charge like I say and you should stay in love with the Pocket PRO!

I, and Astak, are here if you need us.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
tdel010

Thanks!

Thanks, everyone, and especially Robert. I have to say that reading your posts and the level of support you seem to be providing to users on these forums was a big factor in my decision!

Tom
Advert
Old 11-19-2009, 01:31 PM   #6
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Despite my first shipment, leprous paint job, I have been pretty happy with my Pocket Pro as well. Battery life has been excellent for me and I like having a jog dial on the right-hand side. I've even disassembled it a few times to remove the paint and it hasn't failed to work after reassembling it. Now, I just need to think of what color to put back on there.
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:36 AM   #7
tdel010

Already arrived

Wow, that was fast--my new EZreader arrived today (about 48 hrs after I ordered it). I was at a conference all day and am tired, so I'll start playing with it tomorrow. It's charging up right now!
Old 11-21-2009, 01:33 AM   #8
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Congratulations Tdel010 on your Pocket Pro arriving.
It is a great device and I'm sure you will be pleased with it.
Also welcome to the forum; there are always some helpful folks around if you have any questions, comments etc.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:40 AM   #9
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdel010 View Post
Wow, that was fast--my new EZreader arrived today (about 48 hrs after I ordered it). I was at a conference all day and am tired, so I'll start playing with it tomorrow. It's charging up right now!
Can't complain with 48 delivery time. Congrats on your purchase, you'll love it.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #10
bbqncigars
PDA dino
bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, Rooted NC, Voyages(2)
Tom, you are completely wrong and are absolutely screwed. (oops, had the polarity reversed;-).

The PP rules!
bbqncigars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:53 PM   #11
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I've just paid for an EZ Reader Pro (from Newegg.ca and hope to have it soon). Any recommendations upon first use (after charging), beyond an immediate firmware download?

I had a BeBook a while back, which is based upon the same unit as the 6". I can honestly say I liked the BeBook, though I replaced it with a DR1000 for larger PDFs. Is the EZRP any better at landscape mode page flow than the 6"? Just incase I need to take the odd larger PDF with me.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote