View Full Version : ASCM File extension, wont opened in Adobe Digital Edition

diokdin
11-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi,

Got problem I hope people here can help. I just borrowed/downloaded ebooks from my public library but I cant opened it with Adobe Digital Edition. The books I downloaded didn't appeared in the borrowed section in my Adobe Digital Edition. I look at My Digital Editions Files in windows explorer but there was no book there. What should I do to open these .ascm files? PLS Help!!! :help:

wallcraft
11-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Under Windows, try right clicking on the .acsm file and selecting open with Adobe Digital Editions. I'm not sure this will work, but it is worth trying.

nrapallo
11-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Per this helpful faq (http://www.ebookmall.com/knowledge-collection/adobe-reader-faq.htm#8b), try upgrading your ADE installed on your computer.

Worth a shot!

diokdin
11-20-2009, 10:47 AM
thanks all! It works now....

hermanader
12-21-2009, 06:07 AM
Hi,

Got problem I hope people here can help. I just borrowed/downloaded ebooks from my public library but I cant opened it with Adobe Digital Edition. The books I downloaded didn't appeared in the borrowed section in my Adobe Digital Edition. I look at My Digital Editions Files in windows explorer but there was no book there. What should I do to open these .ascm files? PLS Help!!! :help:

I had the same problem. The solution that worked for me was as follows.

1. Close Adobe Digital Editions (should be version 1.7.1.)
2. Click on the downloaded .acsm file

After this, Adobe DE self-starts and starts downloading the item you request.
If you have several items of this kind, you need not close Adobe DE again.

I hope this works for you,

Herman