Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-14-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Build a bin

Since there a some different engines for different regions for reading the various formats, wouldn't it be nice to have a program that you can use to select the engines you want to use, along with start up and shutdown screens and have it build you a bin file that you can flash. And possibly even allow user developed engine modules to be added. This would definitely add to the openess of the EZ Reader and any other Jinke based device.
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
I see you haven't had many responses, but it IS a good idea, especially for some 'standard' set of possible features. A lot of it could be handled via optional compilation. A nice script with a GUI front-end could manipulate the source code, makefiles, etc etc, and automate the process. The user could just "tick the boxes" and provide paths to user created graphics.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #3
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
This is the old idea. Russian gave in over years ago.

HANLIN-based devices support shell script. You can build your own script to switch the library (engine you said). The script must be file type .exe.fb2
For library, it is under /ext2fs/usr/lib/ such as libfb2.so for fb2 file.
for using CoolReader library from LBOOK. you must get libfb2.so (LBOOK) that support multiple formats (TXT, RTF etc)
then if you use EZReader firmware but want to read TXT with CoolReader you must copy libfb2.so (LBOOK) to your device and also make the link for libtxt.so point to new libfb2.so
This will come up for the idea to make the program script.
For GUI, you need more technical info from JINKE to build ARM-based executable file.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
This is the old idea. Russian gave in over years ago.

HANLIN-based devices support shell script. You can build your own script to switch the library (engine you said). The script must be file type .exe.fb2
For library, it is under /ext2fs/usr/lib/ such as libfb2.so for fb2 file.
for using CoolReader library from LBOOK. you must get libfb2.so (LBOOK) that support multiple formats (TXT, RTF etc)
then if you use EZReader firmware but want to read TXT with CoolReader you must copy libfb2.so (LBOOK) to your device and also make the link for libtxt.so point to new libfb2.so
This will come up for the idea to make the program script.
For GUI, you need more technical info from JINKE to build ARM-based executable file.

I think you misunderstand. I am talking about a utility that builds a new .bin file on your PC. It runs completely on the PC, under Windows or linux, and recompiles everything to generate the new firmware file. After you generate the new .bin, you load it into your device the same way as you load any other firmware.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
OK. I miss your point.
The problem is V5 Firmware structure has some difference from v3 by size and some structure. I do found the Block size. But can't extract it with cramfs.
v3 has mkv3update source code for building v3 and OI firmware.
Without info from JINKE, For v5, it can be modified for changing logo.

The method I said is only alternate way for v5 now.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #6
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
OK. I miss your point.
The problem is V5 Firmware structure has some difference from v3 by size and some structure. I do found the Block size. But can't extract it with cramfs.
v3 has mkv3update source code for building v3 and OI firmware.
Without info from JINKE, For v5, it can be modified for changing logo.

The method I said is only alternate way for v5 now.
Oh. I thought the source code for both these devices was available. I must create an account on Jinke's website and take a look.