Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
jpt
Enthusiast
jpt began at the beginning.

Device: OLPC; Nokia 770; White EZ Reader Pocket Pro; Bookeen Cybook Odyssey
Viewing pictures at actual size?

Hey--
Quick question... when viewing JPEG files, is there any way to have the EZ Reader to not scale the images up to the screen size, and just show them at actual pixel size? I have some webcomics I want to read on it, and the scaling distorts the image.

Thanks,

-- J.P.
jpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt View Post
Hey--
Quick question... when viewing JPEG files, is there any way to have the EZ Reader to not scale the images up to the screen size, and just show them at actual pixel size? I have some webcomics I want to read on it, and the scaling distorts the image.

Thanks,

-- J.P.
The easiest way is to put them in a book. They they will stay at the right size. Most any format that supports images will do.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
jpt
Enthusiast

Is there any easy way to make a book from a pile of JPEGs?

-- J.P.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

-- J.P.
Paste them into word? Once it word it is easy to convert them.

Dale
Old 11-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
jpt
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Paste them into word? Once it word it is easy to convert them.

Dale
I was hoping for something a bit more automated... I'm talking about 100+ images in this case...

-- J.P.
Advert
Old 11-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I was hoping for something a bit more automated... I'm talking about 100+ images in this case...

-- J.P.
Perhaps someone else will have a better idea. A script could be written to generate an HTML from a directory listing I suppose. Not too difficult a task but likely take longer than a one time effort at pasting 100 images. An HTML is also pretty easy to convert.

Dale
Old 11-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Calibre will convert "Comic" to whatever ebook format you want. I assume "Comic" is CBZ or CBR, see Comic Book Archive file.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote