Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
book light

Does anyone know if Astak is going to have available one of those cool night time reading light covers like Sony has? The one with the flat piece of plastic that lights up the whole screen? I really like the idea of the whole page light over the hook on light, like an Itty Bitty Book Light.
Or, will one of the Sony ones fit the Mentor Lite 2?
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Astak will be selling eBook Reader lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Does anyone know if Astak is going to have available one of those cool night time reading light covers like Sony has? The one with the flat piece of plastic that lights up the whole screen? I really like the idea of the whole page light over the hook on light, like an Itty Bitty Book Light.
Or, will one of the Sony ones fit the Mentor Lite 2?
S
Dear Silverraven:

We are going to be selling eBook Reader lights on our website. These will be several models made by Mighty Bright. These are excellent and do a great job. Some are dual LED and there are no "bright spots".

I do not know yet about whether the Sony ones fit the Mentor Lite 2.

The Mighty Bright line is all clip-on with goose-neck. You can pretty well position them to meet your need.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, no offense to Mighty Bright, but I really don't like their lights. My son has one, loves it, but I'm not sure if they don't produce enough light, or it is the wrong kind of light, but I can't read with them. I want to like them, I really do! I have an Itty Bitty Book Light I love. Actually, this is probably my 5th Itty Bitty, I love them so much! Maybe it is the difference between incandescent and LED light? That's why I thought the whole page light would work better for me. I've never had one, so I really don't know.
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all my questions. Not many companies would bother to do that.
S
Old 11-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Mighty Bright makes several models

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Actually, no offense to Mighty Bright, but I really don't like their lights. My son has one, loves it, but I'm not sure if they don't produce enough light, or it is the wrong kind of light, but I can't read with them. I want to like them, I really do! I have an Itty Bitty Book Light I love. Actually, this is probably my 5th Itty Bitty, I love them so much! Maybe it is the difference between incandescent and LED light? That's why I thought the whole page light would work better for me. I've never had one, so I really don't know.
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all my questions. Not many companies would bother to do that.
S

Dear Silverraven:

Some want the compact size and some want twin LEDs with widescreen dispersion.

For me, the Mighty Bright Extra Flex 2 seems ideal. We tried it in a pitch black room and it was amazing. It lit the screen and all the controls wonderfully.

I am grateful for your comments. Being an Amazon or a Sony has advantages. They can speak and everyone will fly out to design for them. Astak emails them and they often do not respond. This is a matter of Kindle having a 2 million installed base and we have 30,000 installed base. It does not matter that we have a better device (ok, my personal opinion)... we just do not have "Kindle Clout". Where we WILL find people who will design lights and such for us is at CES (January 7-10). There I will be inundated with just the right people anxious to do samples.

Yes, I will try to keep an eye for a better alternative!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Silverraven, I had a light wedge for a while. Although it lit up the whole screen, the plastic itself is blurry so when the light turned on it doesnt really make reading much easier. IMO, there's not enough light but the reading condition is much worse. I owned the xtraflex 2 and a travelflex. Both work great! Good luck making your decision.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #6
silverraven
Guru

Thanks for the info about the light wedge being blurry. At my age, and my mom's age (looking for two ereaders) the last thing we need is more blurry!
Now, if I could just make up my mind......
S