View Full Version : Quotes

novels.books
10-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Hi all,

I have been following mobileread for a long time, but this is my first post.
I'm planning on buying an EZReader Pocket Pro.
I wanted to know how quotes are displayed.
I have attached a couple of files. If somebody could check how they are displayed and could attach any images I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

DaleDe
10-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi all,

I have been following mobileread for a long time, but this is my first post.
I'm planning on buying an EZReader Pocket Pro.
I wanted to know how quotes are displayed.
I have attached a couple of files. If somebody could check how they are displayed and could attach any images I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

It is not an issue with the reader, it just displays the quotes the way they are defined in the file. It is the eBook itself that determines what gets displayed.

Dale

wallcraft
10-26-2009, 02:52 PM
I have attached a couple of files. If somebody could check how they are displayed and could attach any images I would be grateful. Quotes show up as you would expect, using both files.

Note that HTML is not the best format on the EZ Readers. It only has two "font" sizes for example (one portrait and one landscape mode). The best formats are FB2, or MOBI or ePub. If you are building your own ebooks, ePub is best. You can convert HTML to ePub using Calibre.

novels.books
10-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys

novels.books
10-26-2009, 10:56 PM
I have a few queries regarding epub.

Do the contents of the epub necessarily have to be in xhtml or can it be in html? I'm asking this because i have a few epubs whose contents are in html format.

I asked about the quotes because, calibre was not displaying the quotes in epub. I was able to see the quotes only after adding the <meta> tag. Is it enough if I just add the <meta> tag or should I replace all quotes with their equivalent codes?

BTW if calibre displays an epub book does it mean EZReader also displays it exactly like in calibre (except for the fonts i guess)???