View Full Version : Clickable Images in PDF

dclavey
10-07-2009, 11:48 AM
:help: Anyone know if Clickable Images, which then jump to a hyperlink, inside a PDF are possible?

And if so has anyone got an example PDF that I can test on my Sony Touch PRS-600.

And again if so, what PDF generating tools support Clickable Images.

orion2001
10-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Here you go. This is something I made in Word (just the text and image...no hyperlinks) and then I used Acrobat 9 Pro to create the hyperlinks. I am sure that some of the free PDF softwares are also capable of adding links.

One important thing I realised was that Calibre tends to strip these links out from the PDFs when I transfer it to my PRS-505. Using the Sony Software, I had no such issues. I'd suggest you load this PDF via Sony's software and not Calibre when you are testing.

It works well. The only problem (atleast with my 505) is that by default the color of the hyperlink is inverted, so it makes that section of the image not look as nice.

dclavey
10-07-2009, 05:58 PM
used Acrobat 9 Pro to create the hyperlinks

Works great on the Sony Touch PRS-600 - excellent. Touch buttons here we go ... I might even create a Noughts and Crosses Game Just for fun (where every move is a page!)

orion2001
10-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Heh, that is a pretty nice Idea and it shouldn't be too hard to do. Although you will have to keep all the permutations in mind when creating it. Out of curiosity, does the PRS-600 also invert the colors of the selected hyperlink?

dclavey
10-08-2009, 10:19 AM
invert the colors of the selected hyperlink?

No but it does show them in a lighter shade than the rest of the picture, and put a dashed line around the button area.