Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 01-30-2006, 08:57 PM   #1
ahagele
ahagele began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten E
Sunrise Error:0

Hi there,
I had been using Sunrise in the past successfully but now after a re-install of windows I can't seem to get it to do a processing when using the 'send to sunrise' from Firefox 1.5.

The 'send to sunrise' fills in all the details in sunrise, the conversion goes ahead and completes (according to the log file without problems) but then

an 'Error:0' shows in the status field (right of the Document / URL field in the bottom window).

I'm using sunrise 0.42b, but also tried sunrise-xp 2.0 alpha (I could not get the the send to sunrise connect to that so I went back to 0.42b)

Is it possible that the uninstall of sunrise leaves things behind (registry) and there is a conflict between these two versions?
Is there a way to clean everything up after un-install?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Andreas Hagele
Auckland NZ
Old 02-01-2006, 07:43 AM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Send to Sunrise does not work with Sunrise XP. (Sunrise XP will have a dedicated Firefox extension, that will run completely within the browser.)

You might want to try Sunrise 0.42i to see if that helps. http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=151061
Advert
Old 02-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #3
ahagele

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:10 PM   #4
ahagele

Laurens,
I uninstalled the one I had and put this version 0.42i on and ran it. Same result. It seems to get all the html pages and then in some final step if fails. Are there any directory settings or external tools (java?) which are needed and could be corrupted due to running sunrise XP?

Regards

Andreas
Old 02-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #5
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
The only thing I can think of is to delete the Sunrise settings directory ("c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\.sunrise") and set up the Quick Document again.
Advert
Old 02-02-2006, 01:17 PM   #6
ahagele

Laurens,

thanks for that. That fixed the problem. All working fine now.

Andreas