Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
CupofDice
Book Lover
CupofDice began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 300
Hey all

Long time fan of ebooks, but never had an ebook reader (other than an okay attempt with my iPod Touch and Stanza before I sold it off). I plan on getting the Sony PRS 300 within the next few days, either from a local store (if any have some) or amazon.

So I'm happy to finally join the forum I've been lurking for years.
CupofDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR! I'm sure you'll find reading on your 300 much nicer than on the iPod Touch

Love the avatar, btw
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, CupofDice

Have you starting downloading books so you can be ready?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi CupofDice and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 since Jan 2008 and really like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, CupofDice!

I am sure you will love your 300 when you get it and become an ereader addict just like the rest of us! Enjoy!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Glad you took the plunge. I LOVE my 505.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
CupofDice
Book Lover
CupofDice began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 300
Thanks for the welcome. Just got my prs-300, after looking for it yesterday at wally world (they didn't have it), then going to BB today morning. Almost freaked out for a moment when I couldn't find it, but they had it by the registers for some reason in a steel cage .
CupofDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:48 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome! And your last post gave me a chuckle. Reminded me of when Dremel tools first came out and we went to Home Depot to get one. Turned out that they were locked behind the cash registers in a steel cage. Just seemed like a bit too much security for $150 drill to carve with.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
owlrigh
Bibliomanist
owlrigh began at the beginning.

Device: [past:PRS-700, PRS-505, PRS-T2] Now: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung G7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Reminded me of when Dremel tools first came out and we went to Home Depot to get one. Turned out that they were locked behind the cash registers in a steel cage. Just seemed like a bit too much security for $150 drill to carve with.
The local "The Warehouse" (a two dollar store) has a cage with ultra cheap radios, blank CDs, and other types of cheap stuff in it. The mind boggles! Who'd bother to steal rubbish like that!
owlrigh is offline   Reply With Quote