Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 09-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #1
DougieT007
DougieT007 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader
Astak EZ Reader - pdf question

Hello,

I have been looking through websites to find myself an E-Reader that would be able to read my pdf files and the Astak EZ reader seems to look like a nice choice. However, upon comparing models like the Mentor, I have noticed features being mentioned such as DRM-Free format support.

Now I know the pdf files I have are DRM-free, but the device features give no insight as to whether it only supports pdf files with DRM or if it doesn't matter.

I just want to ensure that before I get an E-reader that I don't have to worry about any reading problems with DRM-free pdf files that I upload into it.

This may seem like a silly question but I would appreciate any information regarding this.

Thanks.
DougieT007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
It will indeed work with DRM free PDF's.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
DougieT007

Thanks for the quick reply - appreciate it a lot.

One more quick question - I am trying to check over the features of my EZ reader in detail and what I am looking for is if it can read pages in colour or if black and white is the only option.

Are there any ebook readers that can read in color or is the ink reader technology only good for black and white?
Old 09-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
DougieT007

Just viewed the features of the EZ reader and found it has only 4 shades of greyscale so it definitely doesn't support color.

I am to assume this is a consequence of the electronic ink technology so far.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
There aren't any color eInk devices yet. We probably won't see any until 2010-11.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert