View Full Version : Command needed

Sydney's Mom
09-15-2009, 07:38 PM
I went into the darkness, and found something from PD that was labeled v.06. It doesn't say what to save it as, so I saved it as tool6.pyw. But when I type tool6.pyw, I don't get the credits. I am in my python directory. I also tried tool06.pyw. Can someone help me? Thanks, Debra

ilovejedd
09-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Uhh... that really doesn't explain anything... Not to mention you shouldn't be running scripts without any idea of what they actually do. I would suggest opening the script in a text editor (Notepad or similar). It might contain some comments as to usage and such.

Sydney's Mom
09-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks, I downloaded a text file, but it doesn't say. It is a de DRM script, hence my code. It is version 6 of a popular program. I have run version 5 sucessfully, but this version is stuck.

JSWolf
09-15-2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks, I downloaded a text file, but it doesn't say. It is a de DRM script, hence my code. It is version 6 of a popular program. I have run version 5 successfully, but this version is stuck.
There are two versions of 0.06 posted there. One is no good and the other good. Did you get the good 0.06?

pdurrant
09-16-2009, 07:01 AM
Try just .py as the file name extension.

.pyw indicates some form of windows-specific python code I think.

I went into the darkness, and found something from PD that was labeled v.06. It doesn't say what to save it as, so I saved it as tool6.pyw. But when I type tool6.pyw, I don't get the credits. I am in my python directory. I also tried tool06.pyw. Can someone help me? Thanks, Debra

wallcraft
09-16-2009, 07:10 AM
There are two versions of 0.06 posted there. One is no good and the other good. Did you get the good 0.06? There are multiple versions of 0.05. So far as I know, there is only one version of 0.06 and it is ok.

As pdurrant says, the correct filename extensions is .py.

Sydney's Mom
09-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Mobileread is the best! Don't know where I picked up pyw - probably some older version of something. Py works just like it ought to! Thank you so much. Debra

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

taltman711
09-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Mobileread is the best! Don't know where I picked up pyw - probably some older version of something. Py works just like it ought to! Thank you so much. Debra

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Scripts from "the cabbage patch" were/are .pyw. No command line needed with these scripts.

Tim

Sydney's Mom
09-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks! I thought I was going crazy (not that this is complete proof I am sane, I just didn't totally make it up).