View Full Version : ePub by hand question

AlexBell
08-16-2009, 08:48 PM
I hope eventually to be able to produce ePub books by hand from XHTML/CSS rather than use a conversion program. At the moment I'm working through a tutorial by that name sent to me by GRiker for which I'm most grateful.

One thing I don't see in the tutorial however is how to set up a cover graphic for the ebook. I know there is one, since the sample book (The Velveteen Rabbit) has one when opened in ADE.

So where should I look in the sample files to find out how it was done?

Regards, Alex

Nate the great
08-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Look in the OPF file.

AlexBell
08-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Look in the OPF file.

Thanks.

Regards, Alex

Jellby
08-17-2009, 08:23 AM
Since I create my ePUBs by hand, I'll take the liberty of advising you to take a look at them. ;)

Abecedary
08-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Since I create my ePUBs by hand, I'll take the liberty of advising you to take a look at them. ;)

I'll second that. I've looked through several of the ePubs from the library here, and Jellby's seem to be among the cleanest/most logically laid out ones.

zelda_pinwheel
08-17-2009, 09:36 AM
I'll second that. I've looked through several of the ePubs from the library here, and Jellby's seem to be among the cleanest/most logically laid out ones.

thirded. jellby is the epub king. :)

AlexBell
08-18-2009, 01:53 AM
Thanks to both of you for the suggestion. I have been vaguely thinking about looking at what other people do (just like I did with websites) but now I'll get into it properly.

Regards, Alex