View Full Version : Moving ADE from one computer to another

JSWolf
07-09-2009, 09:41 AM
I have WindowsXP and eventually I'll be switching to Windows 7. Does anyone know how to move Adobe Digital Edition from one computer to another so I don't have to register it?

Abecedary
07-09-2009, 03:14 PM
You could just try moving the Digital Editions directory over to the new machine. But I do have to wonder why not registering it is an issue? If Digital Editions on the XP machine is registered, simply deregister it and register the Win7 one afterwards.

EDIT: Or if you really don't want to register DE, then simply don't register it.

llasram
07-09-2009, 04:08 PM
I have WindowsXP and eventually I'll be switching to Windows 7. Does anyone know how to move Adobe Digital Edition from one computer to another so I don't have to register it?

In theory you could re-create the collection of registry keys ADE uses to identify whether or not the system is registered and with what Adobe ID. But why not simply re-register? The number of allowed registrations is pretty high, and if you're stripping DRM then all you need the account for is an initial download. (Because you can make a DRM-free backup, you don't need to depend on being able to re-download books, so accounts can be completely throwaway.)