View Full Version : ESV Study Bible E-Pub help

j1977t
06-28-2009, 08:29 PM
I recently purchased the ESV study Bible (http://www.crossway.org/product/9781433515606) for E-Pub it claims it will work on the Sony Reader however it does not go onto Adobe Digital Editions in order to put it on the Sony Reader (PRS-505 with updated software) I have tried to put it straight onto the sd card but the Reader does not recognize it, I also tried CXalibre but it also doesn't recognize it. Has anyone else purchased or tried it on the PRS-505?

DaleDe
06-28-2009, 09:05 PM
I recently purchased the ESV study Bible (http://www.crossway.org/product/9781433515606) for E-Pub it claims it will work on the Sony Reader however it does not go onto Adobe Digital Editions in order to put it on the Sony Reader (PRS-505 with updated software) I have tried to put it straight onto the sd card but the Reader does not recognize it, I also tried CXalibre but it also doesn't recognize it. Has anyone else purchased or tried it on the PRS-505?

since their description specifically says it will work on ADE and Sony I would suggest you email them for resolution. Why can't you add it to ADE? If you click on the file what happens?

Dale

j1977t
06-28-2009, 09:55 PM
I have emailed them it will probably be monday before I get a response, when I click on the file (after making adobe digital editions the default program for the file) Adobe digital editions opens it but it will not add it to the library after closing the file it is essentially gone from the ADE.

j1977t
06-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Thanks to J.S Wolf, Harry T. & Gideon I have found the solution it is to rename the file to .epub I named it ESVSB.epub and it works like a charm!

JustRay
10-12-2009, 01:54 AM
I just bought a sony reader prs600. I am curious how the navigation is on the ESV bible now that you have gotten it to work.

j1977t
10-16-2009, 08:06 AM
I have made a blog post on my blog describing this topic...http://christmyonlyhope.wordpress.com/2009/07/25/esv-study-bible-available-on-e-pub/

kerriberry84
11-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Thank you so much!!! I thought I was out $15, but I just changed the file extension and it works perfectly!

Mlabus
11-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Thank you so much!!! I thought I was out $15, but I just changed the file extension and it works perfectly!

I have been searching for the ESV Study Bible purchase link and can not find it anywhere. Can someone please direct me to a place where I can purchase it?

JSWolf
11-15-2009, 10:37 AM
I have been searching for the ESV Study Bible purchase link and can not find it anywhere. Can someone please direct me to a place where I can purchase it?
See post #1 in this thread for the link.

HandbagJunkie
11-15-2009, 12:04 PM
I got the ESV Study Bible for my Kindle a few months ago for $9.99. I love being able to carry around the entire study Bible with me and leave the hard copy at home.

Mlabus
11-15-2009, 03:16 PM
See post #1 in this thread for the link.

I have been to that page. There is no "buy" or "add to cart" or any kind of button to purchase it. I am just wondering if it was taken down or is temporarily suspended.

Any other place with a direct link would be appreciated.

Mlabus
11-16-2009, 11:10 AM
"Dear Michael,

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

We have actually removed the epub ESV Study Bible from our website for
the time being due to re-occurring technical difficulties."

With that said, if someone could show me where to get a "faulty" copy of the ePub edition, I would appreciate it as the replacement copy will be forwarded to all those who have purchased it.

kwailau
01-04-2010, 05:58 PM
I got the ESV Study Bible for my Kindle a few months ago for $9.99. I love being able to carry around the entire study Bible with me and leave the hard copy at home.

Hi there,

I'm also interested in the ESV Study Bible for the Kindle and I didn't find many reviews. How's the navigation, content and lookup features?

Any helpful comments is welcomed.

Thanks,
Kwai

HandbagJunkie
01-08-2010, 01:37 PM
kwai,

I do like the Bible, but it's not easy to navigate quickly because the search functions are not good at pulling up chapter/verse references. It's a great Bible for study and reading because it has tons of references and maps and things.

kwailau
01-15-2010, 02:34 AM
kwai,

I do like the Bible, but it's not easy to navigate quickly because the search functions are not good at pulling up chapter/verse references. It's a great Bible for study and reading because it has tons of references and maps and things.

Thank you for the help. I did end up purchasing the Kindle version (as well as the book) and love both. I realized that it's good for reading but not very good for referencing. No regrets though as I plan on reading the ESV version this year.