View Full Version : New ePub creation tool

Pages : 1 [2]

awp
04-29-2013, 12:31 PM
And by the way, a video for those who use Atlantis Word Processor under Windows 7 or Windows 8:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/videos/startup_issues_windows_7_8

awp
05-13-2013, 12:21 AM
A new video on creating eBooks in Atlantis Word Processor.

Part 8 – Heading-less chapters:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/videos/creating_ebooks_headingless_chapters

Multiple examples on how to use heading-less chapters: a reference to the eBook's title page, a reference to the eBook's back cover, a reference to the eBook's notes section, images as chapter headings.

frank14612
05-17-2013, 10:07 AM
A new video on creating eBooks in Atlantis Word Processor.

Part 8 – Heading-less chapters:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/videos/creating_ebooks_headingless_chapters

Multiple examples on how to use heading-less chapters: a reference to the eBook's title page, a reference to the eBook's back cover, a reference to the eBook's notes section, images as chapter headings.awp,

This tops off a masterful series of Atlantis how-to videos! :thumbsup:

Is there any chance the series could be released as an e-book? :book2:

Frank

DaleDe
05-17-2013, 11:56 AM
awp,

This tops off a masterful series of Atlantis how-to videos! :thumbsup:

Is there any chance the series could be released as an e-book? :book2:

Frank

A video as an eBook? I think not. The latest how-to video was a bit condescending for me. It ran 23 minutes and should have be half or even 1/4 that. It told you step by step how to do the same thing over and over again everytime there was a new use for the exact same technique. I felt that it was excellent the first time but after that it could have just mentioned all the other uses for the same technique.

frank14612
05-17-2013, 12:54 PM
A video as an eBook? I think not. The latest how-to video was a bit condescending for me. It ran 23 minutes and should have be half or even 1/4 that. It told you step by step how to do the same thing over and over again everytime there was a new use for the exact same technique. I felt that it was excellent the first time but after that it could have just mentioned all the other uses for the same technique.
DaleDe,
I agree that the video was slow, meticulous and repetitious, but for the word-processing uninitiated that may be just fine. However, that said, I envision that the contents of all the videos could be judiciously condensed and published as a "How-to" e-book for the Atlantis word processor.

I wonder if that will be attempted. :chinscratch:

Frank

awp
05-17-2013, 01:39 PM
DaleDe,

The latest how-to video was a bit condescending for me.

I understand your point. But it is impossible to satisfy everyone. Getting the balance right between "over-explaining" and "under-explaining" is not easy. Most authors are not power users like you. And not everyone is patient enough to watch entire video without pressing "fast forward". This is why redundancy might not be so bad.

By the way, below is a recent comment on the video from one writer:

Congratulations again on the video series. Very thorough and complete. Often when such videos as produced they leave out key steps - simply because the producer of the video is so familiar with the material he/she thinks everyone else is too. Your videos include all the steps along the way.

awp
05-17-2013, 01:58 PM
I envision that the contents of all the videos could be judiciously condensed and published as a "How-to" e-book for the Atlantis word processor.

This would be possible. But I am not sure that there could be a better way to "explain and demonstrate" than through a video.

In any case, most of those videos will have a "text" version.

DaleDe
05-17-2013, 04:13 PM
DaleDe,
I agree that the video was slow, meticulous and repetitious, but for the word-processing uninitiated that may be just fine. However, that said, I envision that the contents of all the videos could be judiciously condensed and published as a "How-to" e-book for the Atlantis word processor.

I wonder if that will be attempted. :chinscratch:

Frank

I think it should be just incorporated into the included manual. The manual is pretty good so far as it goes although there are some missing topics in it. I think the videos are for people that can't follow written instructions due to attention deficits. There seems to be quite a few of those.

Dale

DaleDe
05-17-2013, 05:48 PM
DaleDe,

I understand your point. But it is impossible to satisfy everyone. Getting the balance right between "over-explaining" and "under-explaining" is not easy. Most authors are not power users like you. And not everyone is patient enough to watch entire video without pressing "fast forward". This is why redundancy might not be so bad.

By the way, below is a recent comment on the video from one writer:

yes, I agree with balance. I think users are less likely to press fast forward on short videos than on long ones that start repeating themselves. Of course there is always rewind :)

I would agree with the author who liked the fact you did not leave out steps. I totally agree. I hate it when there are a bunch of missing steps that are assumed to be known, however that is not the same as repeating the same steps over and over is it. Anyway, the video introduced an interesting way to achieve a needed function.

Dale

awp
05-18-2013, 06:46 AM
I think it should be just incorporated into the included manual.

It will be included.

Anyway, the video introduced an interesting way to achieve a needed function.

Yes, this is most important.

mrmikel
05-18-2013, 06:47 AM
One thing I do not understand about AWP is how to create styles. Or will AWP only use styles present in an imported document..

I want to apply styles for heading1, heading2 etc. But the only style available is normal since the original document was a text document.

awp
05-18-2013, 06:56 AM
Or will AWP only use styles present in an imported document..

Yes, this is correct.

You can always import styles from another document (from the "Normal" template, for instance). Please choose the "Format | Style..." menu command, click "Import...", choose the "Normal" template on the left of the dialog, then select the styles that you would like to import (you can select multiple styles at once with Ctrl+Click, or by pressing the left mouse button & dragging the mouse pointer).

awp
05-18-2013, 07:04 AM
You can also import the required styles to the "Plain" template of Atlantis. Choose the "File | Templates..." menu command, double-click the "Plain" file. Then choose the "Format | Style..." menu command, and click "Import..." to import the "Heading ?" styles from the "Normal" template. OK out of the open dialogs. Press Ctrl+S to save changes to the "Plain" template. Press Ctrl+W to close the "Plain" template document.

From now on, any plain text document that you create or open in Atlantis, will have the "Heading" styles. But of course, styles cannot be saved to a plain text file.

awp
05-18-2013, 07:10 AM
By the way, I can recall a discussion on mobileread regarding EPUB validation tests (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76329).

When someone creates eBooks for personal use, it might be irrelevant whether his/her EPUBs pass the EPUB validation check if his/her eReader can display them correctly. But having a "valid" EPUB is important to publishers and writers.

Here is a link to a discussion thread on LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/groups/More-Info-On-DOC-Epub-1515307.S.241657742) posted by a crime novelist David (Alexander) Grace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_M._Alexander), a new fan of Atlantis Word Processor, I think. :)

awp
05-18-2013, 07:23 AM
Mrmikel,

If you have many plain text files that you want to convert to "rich text", you could simply choose "Normal" as a template for plain text files. Here is how this can be done:
Choose the "File | New | Formats & Templates..." menu command, click "Plain Text Documents", click "Change Template...", and double-click the "Normal" template.

mrmikel
05-18-2013, 07:30 AM
I solved my problem by copying and pasting my text document into an rtf document to which template I had added the styles H1-H5.

Thanks

mrmikel
05-18-2013, 07:32 AM
I did as you suggested, since if I want to work on pure text documents I will use another program like notepad anyway.

mrmikel
05-18-2013, 07:38 AM
Seems like it might be worthwhile to have a template which can be applied to an existing document, or applied on saving for those destined to be epubs. It would encompass the headings, etc.

awp
05-18-2013, 08:19 AM
There is a command named "Apply document template". But it is not installed to the main menu of Atlantis by default. You can install it to the main menu through the "Tools | Menus..." command. Choose "All commands" from the "Available commands" box. Then drag & drop the "Apply document template" command to a desired location in the main menu.

mrmikel
05-19-2013, 07:43 AM
I have got it working ok now. Thanks for the help.

It would be nice though for search and replace to be able to copy from the text and paste into the search line. My particular need was getting rid of extra paragraph markers at the end of each line in a text document. In this case it was just ^p^p, but there have been cases with spaces in between the two ^p. Not having to count the spaces and being able to paste special characters would be nice.

awp
05-19-2013, 10:05 AM
It would be nice though for search and replace to be able to copy from the text and paste into the search line.

I do not know if it is a good idea. The "View | Special Symbols" mode is not always on (actually it is off by default). Many users would not even know that a document selection contains any special symbols, and they might be confused by "special" stuff in the edit boxes of the "Find / Replace" dialog.

Have you tried running the "Tools | AutoCorrect..." command in your document? It can automatically remove extra spaces from document text.

mrmikel
05-19-2013, 11:42 AM
What I need is removal of unnecessary paragraph marks at the end of every line. I guess I will just have to do it manually.

awp
05-19-2013, 02:27 PM
There is a "Join paragraphs" command in Atlantis. It can remove unwanted paragraph end marks (in OCR-ed documents, for example).

Just select a text fragment that should be converted into one paragraph, and press Ctrl+Shift+U.

If text fragments representing logical paragraphs, are separated with blank paragraphs (see attached "Join pars (before).rtf"), you can select entire document (press Ctrl+A), then execute the "Join paragraphs" command (press Ctrl+Shift+U). You would get something like the attached "Join pars (after).rtf".

mrmikel
05-19-2013, 07:18 PM
It does the job exactly as needed. Thanks again.

mrmikel
05-20-2013, 07:42 AM
One thing that might be added to ebook help is that if you want to generate epub sections, you need to insert next page section breaks between the parts you want to be sections of the epub. Continuous won't do. Might also suggest making these breaks at each chapter, since this is good practice in making easily useable epubs.

Otherwise quite pleased with how it works with the test I made of creating simple epub from plain text. Really didn't need to do much in Sigil at all.

awp
05-20-2013, 08:40 AM
There are no sections in EPUB or XHTML. As I understand, you mean "flow breaks".

Flow breaks are created by dividing the eBook contents into separate HTML files. If you have 10 HTMLs in your EPUB package, there will be 9 flow breaks (or hard page breaks) in your eBook (when viewed in eReaders).

The rule is very simple: Atlantis creates as many flow breaks in EPUB as hard page breaks in the source document.

Continuous section breaks do not create page breaks, otherwise they would not be named "continuous".

There are multiple ways to create hard page breaks in a source document:

1. (Hard/manual) page breaks can be created by pressing Ctrl+Enter (inserts a manual page break symbol), or by inserting non-continuous section breaks (the "Insert | Break | Section Break" menu).

2. When you have a "zoomed to fit page" image in your document, Atlantis also implicitly adds page breaks before and/or after it. Double-click a picture in your document to toggle the "zoom to fit page" option for this picture.

3. You can also create a page break before a paragraph by enabling the "Page break before" attribute on the "Line & Page Breaks" tab of the "Format | Paragraph..." dialog for this paragraph. Quite often this attribute is enabled in the "Heading 1" style. In this way, each chapter automatically starts at a new page.
By the way, this method is preferable over the "Ctrl+Enter" method – please click the below links for details:

http://atlantiswordprocessor.blogspot.com/2010/04/break-gracefully.html
http://atlantiswordprocessor.blogspot.com/2010/04/break-gracefully-2.html

awp
05-20-2013, 08:50 AM
The rule is very simple: Atlantis creates as many flow breaks in EPUB as hard page breaks in the source document.

Two notes regarding this rule:

1. If your source document contains chapters larger than 300 KB (http://idpf.org/forum/topic-917) (when saved as XHTML), Atlantis automatically creates additional page breaks within such chapters in order to produce smaller XHTMLs.

2. If your source document contains footnotes and/or endnotes, Atlantis puts them into a separate HTML file. As a result, there is a page break before notes when viewed in eReaders.

awp
05-20-2013, 08:51 AM
Otherwise quite pleased with how it works with the test I made of creating simple epub from plain text. Really didn't need to do much in Sigil at all.

Could you please be more specific: what exactly do you need to modify (tweak) in EPUB files generated by Atlantis Word Processor?

DaleDe
05-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Could you please be more specific: what exactly do you need to modify (tweak) in EPUB files generated by Atlantis Word Processor?

I have found a few things. Generation of the ePub is not WYSIWYG. For example if I define a space between paragraphs in my style settings it is not transferred to the ePub. Much of the style does transfer over but not this information.

Dale

mrmikel
05-20-2013, 11:43 AM
There is a name sort as metadata in Sigil that is not in AWP.

Some things AWP does, like seeming to add a carriage return when I apply a heading, may be matters of configuration. AWP sees it as yet another paragraph, I think. For Sigil, it is just a tag...a different in point of view I may need to get used to.

DaleDe
05-20-2013, 11:51 AM
Another thing I could not get to transfer from the style to the ePub is keeping two paragraphs together so that a heading wouldn't be left at the end of a page all by itself.

Dale

awp
05-20-2013, 03:47 PM
if I define a space between paragraphs in my style settings it is not transferred to the ePub.

I cannot reproduce this. When a paragraph in an Atlantis document has "space before" and/or "space after" it, this "space" is supposed to be saved to EPUB.

If you can reproduce this, please email your sample document to support@AtlantisWordProcessor.com, or attach it to your forum post.

awp
05-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Some things AWP does, like seeming to add a carriage return when I apply a heading, may be matters of configuration.

Atlantis never creates extra paragraphs when you apply styles. Possibly what you think is a new paragraph, is just a "space after" the heading. In many cases, the "Heading 1" style includes "space before" and "space after" within its paragraph format.

Please enable the "View | Special Symbols" mode. When this mode is on, you could see paragraph end marks (pilcrow symbols (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilcrow)) terminating each paragraph in your document.

There is a name sort as metadata in Sigil that is not in AWP.

I am not sure that understand what you mean. You can specify "metadata" directly in the "Save as eBook" dialog of Atlantis:

awp
05-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Another thing I could not get to transfer from the style to the ePub is keeping two paragraphs together so that a heading wouldn't be left at the end of a page all by itself.

The "avoid" value of the "page-break-after" CSS property does not seem to be widely supported by the HTML rendering software. If it is "overused" in an HTML document, it can lead to display problems.

Are you sure that all major eReaders support the "avoid" value of the "page-break-after" CSS property?

DaleDe
05-20-2013, 04:31 PM
I cannot reproduce this. When a paragraph in an Atlantis document has "space before" and/or "space after" it, this "space" is supposed to be saved to EPUB.

If you can reproduce this, please email your sample document to support@AtlantisWordProcessor.com, or attach it to your forum post.

Sorry, I did not mean a space like the character. I meant space as in distance. I do not double space between paragraphs. I set the margin around the paragraph to be what I want. I create space by setting the margin. If you changed the margin in the style for the paragraph and then it stayed in the ePub (transferred to the CSS) then I would like to see that.

Dale

awp
05-20-2013, 04:40 PM
I did not mean a space like the character. I meant space as in distance.

In MS Word documents, a margin above a paragraph is called "space before". Atlantis is a word processor, and it is normal that it sticks with the "word processing" terminology, not HTML or CSS terminology. This "space before" is supposed to be saved to EPUB as a "margin-top" CSS property.

If you have a document containing a paragraph with non-nil "space before" (or "margin-top"), and Atlantis does not save this "top margin" to EPUB correctly, please email or upload your document file. As I said, I cannot reproduce this problem.

mrmikel
05-20-2013, 05:57 PM
I am not sure that understand what you mean. You can specify "metadata" directly in the "Save as eBook" dialog of Atlantis:

In Sigil's metadata there is an option for Author, File as, so that things are put in alphabetical order.

DaleDe
05-20-2013, 07:48 PM
In MS Word documents, a margin above a paragraph is called "space before". Atlantis is a word processor, and it is normal that it sticks with the "word processing" terminology, not HTML or CSS terminology. This "space before" is supposed to be saved to EPUB as a "margin-top" CSS property.

If you have a document containing a paragraph with non-nil "space before" (or "margin-top"), and Atlantis does not save this "top margin" to EPUB correctly, please email or upload your document file. As I said, I cannot reproduce this problem.

sorry, it seemed to be my error. I thought I had set the entry in the style and it displayed a space between the paragraphs like I had set it but upon reinspection of the style entry the entry was set to "auto" and not to a specific value. I changed it to a specific value and it then worked properly. Sorry for my confusion. I was setting the space after by the way.

Dale

awp
05-21-2013, 03:18 PM
In Sigil's metadata there is an option for Author, File as, so that things are put in alphabetical order.

Atlantis automatically generates this metadata item.

awp
05-21-2013, 03:26 PM
The "avoid" value of the "page-break-after" CSS property does not seem to be widely supported by the HTML rendering software. If it is "overused" in an HTML document, it can lead to display problems.

It seems that ADE supports this CSS property (including the "avoid" value). I have composed a test EPUB eBook entirely formatted with "page-break-after: avoid". ADE can render it without a problem.

Any next release of Atlantis Word Processor will save the "Keep with next paragraph" item of the paragraph format to EPUB.

awp
05-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Generation of the ePub is not WYSIWYG.

The conversion should be as WYSIWYG as possible. But a "MS Word document to EPUB" conversion cannot be 100% WYSIWYG. DOC(/RTF/DOCX) and EPUB are not fully compatible document formats. There are formatting types and document elements in MS Word documents that are not possible in EPUB.

DaleDe
05-21-2013, 03:40 PM
It seems that ADE supports this CSS property (including the "avoid" value). I have composed a test EPUB eBook entirely formatted with "page-break-after: avoid". ADE can render it without a problem.

Any next release of Atlantis Word Processor will save the "Keep with next paragraph" item of the paragraph format to EPUB.

Thank you, that will be a great addition.

I have noticed that Atlantis uses smart quotes but this behavior is not documented. It would be nice to include documentation and limitations and a way to upgrade regular quotes to smart quotes. I did see that there are settings for foreign languages to provide their languages smart quotes.

Also the search and replace functions seem to include some automatic multiple finds such as find " will find regular and smart quotes, find - will find a hyphen, ndash, and mdash. Finding a space will also find variations of spaces such as nbsp. This can sometimes be problematic when doing searching with replacements. It would be nice to have a strict choice that would not do this. The search behavior is not documented well for how this works. Not all of the special characters are in the replacement list, for example smart quotes are not.

Dale

awp
05-21-2013, 04:33 PM
I have noticed that Atlantis uses smart quotes but this behavior is not documented.

You can use any type of quotes in your document.

When you type straight quotes (or apostrophes) in a document, the AutoCorrect of Atlantis can automatically replace them with "smart" (or "curly") quotes according to the settings in the "Tools | AutoCorrect Options..." dialog. This feature is well-documented, I think:

http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/help/_autocorrect_options.htm

Straight quotes can be replaced with smart quotes not only on-fly (i.e. as-you-type), but also after-you-type. You can run the "Tools | AutoCorrect..." command, and it would suggest various corrections to your document text.

Also the search and replace functions seem to include some automatic multiple finds such as find " will find regular and smart quotes, find - will find a hyphen, ndash, and mdash. Finding a space will also find variations of spaces such as nbsp. This can sometimes be problematic when doing searching with replacements.

This is correct. Different types of quotes can look identically under some fonts or font sizes. And quite often, they play the same role in the document. By default, straight quotes are automatically replaced with smart quotes in Atlantis as-you-type. So when searching for text, many users would not need different types of quotes to be reported as different characters. You cannot type a smart quote directly in the "Find what" edit box of the "Find/Replace" dialog of Atlantis (at least there is no simple way to do this). What's more, straight and smart quotes might look identically in that "Find what" edit box. So in many cases it would be counterproductive if Atlantis did not treat all types of quotes as the same character.

You cannot search for straight quotes only through the "Find/Replace" dialog. But if you paste a specific type of smart quote to the "Find what" edit box of the "Find/Replace" dialog, Atlantis would not report straight quotes. If you need to search for straight quotes instead, you can use the "Tools | AutoCorrect..." command of Atlantis.

DaleDe
05-21-2013, 06:20 PM
thanks for that explanation. I hadn't really explored the autocorrect option. I am usually a little hesitant about turning everything over to the computer for fix things automatically until I learn it better. But I wouldn't have looked there for smart quotes. I typed all sorts of things in the index but nothing ever showed up. Anyway, I am learning and Atlantis is quite powerful I am finding.

Dale

awp
05-21-2013, 08:24 PM
"Save as eBook" is one of the most popular features (maybe even the most popular feature) of Atlantis Word Processor. But it has plenty more stuff to offer. In first place it is a word processor, not just a conversion tool.

I must admit that its features are under-documented. But you can find some info by exploring the following links:

http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/help/atlantips.htm
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/quick_tour_1.htm
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/help

DaleDe
05-21-2013, 08:42 PM
"Save as eBook" is one of the most popular features (maybe even the most popular feature) of Atlantis Word Processor. But it has plenty more stuff to offer. In first place it is a word processor, not just a conversion tool.

yes, I would agree. It is quickly becoming my ePub generation tool. Much less work that Sigil. You might want to consider the ability to kick off KindleGen after the ePub so that you would have all the eBook bases covered.

Things I still miss are flow of text around images and some minimal table support.

One thing I noticed is its ability to generate a paper booklet as well. It can rearrange the the printed pages so that you can just print a booklet, stack the pages together, fold the paper and half, staple the seam and you have a book! You do have to run the pages through twice for a double sided booklet if your printer doesn't do double sided. Nice feature.

Dale

awp
05-22-2013, 07:00 AM
It is quickly becoming my ePub generation tool. Much less work that Sigil.

Some like the harder ways. :)

You might want to consider the ability to kick off KindleGen after the ePub so that you would have all the eBook bases covered.

From a technical point of view, this would be the simplest thing to do. But...

1. I am not sure that the kindlegen's license agreement allows redistribution of kindlegen by commercial software.

2. kindlegen.exe is twice as big as Atlantis. Including it in the setup file of Atlantis would significantly boost the setup file size. I am not sure that this would make sense. Even those who cannot use command-line tools, can easily convert EPUB to MOBI with Kindle Previewer.

3. When an EPUB file is converted to MOBI in a "silent" mode, the user has no chance to review possible warnings, and take corresponding actions.

But any next release of Atlantis Word Processor will automatically generate .mobi if you put the kindlegen.exe to the home folder of Atlantis.

You can already try a test build of Atlantis including this feature. Just click here to download a new setup file of Atlantis (http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/beta/atlantis16en.exe), run the setup file, and follow the onscreen instructions to update your Atlantis.

Then put the kindlegen.exe to the home folder of Atlantis (normally "C:\Program Files\Atlantis" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlantis"). If you do not have kindlegen.exe, you can download it from here (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000765211).

This test build of Atlantis also saves the "Keep with next paragraph" formatting attribute to EPUB.

awp
05-22-2013, 07:01 AM
Things I still miss are flow of text around images and some minimal table support.

The "to do" list is very long. Sooner or later, Atlantis will have all the major features expected in a word processor.

mrmikel
05-22-2013, 07:42 AM
One feature that Sigil has that AWP does not is Title case, which capitalizes the first letter of the world and makes the rest of the word lower case. This is useful when converting PDFs where words like FoREwoRD appear.

mrmikel
05-22-2013, 08:03 AM
I can not use join paragraphs on the attached document. It simply does not respond. I chose another different document and it worked fine. What is wrong with this one?

awp
05-22-2013, 08:49 AM
One feature that Sigil has that AWP does not is Title case, which capitalizes the first letter of the world and makes the rest of the word lower case. This is useful when converting PDFs where words like FoREwoRD appear.

The case pattern related commands are available under the "Format | Change Case" menu of Atlantis.

If you need to convert "FoREwoRD" to "Foreword", you should first choose the "Lowercase" command from the "Format | Change Case" menu (or just press Ctrl+F3), then choose the "Heading" or "Sentence" command from the "Format | Change Case" menu. The "Sentence" command capitalizes the first letter of each sentence within the selection. The "Heading" command capitalizes the first letter of each word within the selection.

awp
05-22-2013, 09:00 AM
I can not use join paragraphs on the attached document. It simply does not respond. I chose another different document and it worked fine. What is wrong with this one?

The problem is that there are two paragraph end marks between the paragraph lines in your document. The "Join paragraphs" command assumes that when there is a blank paragraph between two neighboring paragraphs, these two paragraphs belong to different logical paragraphs.

Please open your document in Atlantis, press Ctrl+H to display the "Find / Replace" dialog. Specify "^p^p" (without quotes) in the "Find what" edit box. Specify "^p" (without quotes) in the "Replace with" edit box. Press "Replace All". Then Atlantis would display a message box with the following text:

Atlantis has reached one end of the document.
Would you like to relaunch searching from the other end of this document?

[Yes] [No]

Click "No", and close the "Find/Replace" dialog.

Now you can "select all" (press Ctrl+A), and "join paragraphs" (press Ctrl+Shift+U).

mrmikel
05-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Thank you on both scores.

mrmikel
05-22-2013, 10:52 AM

If you do get around to doing tables, adding a simple math function would allow me to dump wordperfect which I use only for invoices.

Just simple addition, subtraction or multiiplication across a row and down a column would be great.

I know I am dreaming, but I am attaching a sample.

Another request would be to have search and replace return you to where you started the search.

awp
05-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Just simple addition, subtraction or multiiplication across a row and down a column would be great.

Not exactly what you need, but you can perform some calculations in the document window of Atlantis:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/help/calculations.htm
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/help/atlantips_010.htm

DaleDe
05-22-2013, 09:00 PM
If you do get around to doing tables, adding a simple math function would allow me to dump wordperfect which I use only for invoices.

I know I am dreaming, but I am attaching a sample.

Another request would be to have search and replace return you to where you started the search.

I would think that math functions are way above minimal support for tables. I would not want to see a delay for this sort of functionality. To me minimal support is an x-y grid of boxes with the ability to place text inside. No headers, no splitting between pages, no frills, just some formatting like a paragraph for each box. I would be nice if the box itself could be made invisible or displayed. Of course all the additional functionality would be nice but not really necessary for ePub use.

Dale

mrmikel
05-23-2013, 06:40 AM
As far as epubs go, you are absolutely right, Dale. Since it is a word processor, I thought maybe I could get it to do another job for me beyond being an epub generator.

Going much beyond very basic tables would open up a GIGANTIC can of worms about why links don't work, etc, etc., and their aim is apparently fairly bulletproof plug and play epub generation.

DaleDe
05-23-2013, 11:01 AM
As far as epubs go, you are absolutely right, Dale. Since it is a word processor, I thought maybe I could get it to do another job for me beyond being an epub generator.

Going much beyond very basic tables would open up a GIGANTIC can of worms about why links don't work, etc, etc., and their aim is apparently fairly bulletproof plug and play epub generation.

Actually links do work on ePubs made using this tool, both internal and external to web sites. It, of course, depends on the reading program as to whether they are supported.

Dale

DaleDe
05-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Some like the harder ways. :)

But any next release of Atlantis Word Processor will automatically generate .mobi if you put the kindlegen.exe to the home folder of Atlantis.

You can already try a test build of Atlantis including this feature. Just click here to download a new setup file of Atlantis (http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/beta/atlantis16en.exe), run the setup file, and follow the onscreen instructions to update your Atlantis.

Then put the kindlegen.exe to the home folder of Atlantis (normally "C:\Program Files\Atlantis" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlantis"). If you do not have kindlegen.exe, you can download it from here (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000765211).

This test build of Atlantis also saves the "Keep with next paragraph" formatting attribute to EPUB.

Thanks for this. Yes the KindleGen is practically automatic now. I would agree it is best for the user to download and install KindleGen themselves which is what I was originally thinking. It was just the launch of the tool that I wanted to see inside Atlantis. I did give this a try. The only suggestion would be to redirect the log output and errors to a file in the destination folder that could be perused by the user to see what KindleGen might have complained about.

Dale

mrmikel
05-23-2013, 07:42 PM
I was thinking of links inside tables, which I have had trouble with from time to time. Maybe I didn't know how to make them work, etc.

awp
05-24-2013, 12:51 PM
Yes the KindleGen is practically automatic now. I would agree it is best for the user to download and install KindleGen themselves which is what I was originally thinking. It was just the launch of the tool that I wanted to see inside Atlantis. I did give this a try. The only suggestion would be to redirect the log output and errors to a file in the destination folder that could be perused by the user to see what KindleGen might have complained about.

I think that making this "EPUB to MOBI" conversion process in Atlantis Word Processor more complicated does not make sense. Those who need more than just an automatic conversion, should use Kindle Previewer (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000765261). They not only could view error logs but also preview their eBooks under emulators of different Kindle devices.

DaleDe
05-24-2013, 01:47 PM
I think that making this "EPUB to MOBI" conversion process in Atlantis Word Processor more complicated does not make sense. Those who need more than just an automatic conversion, should use Kindle Previewer (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000765261). They not only could view error logs but also preview their eBooks under emulators of different Kindle devices.

Yes, it is the same engine. If you really feel that way then perhaps you should launch that one instead.

Dale

awp
05-25-2013, 05:51 AM
If a user has Kindle Previewer, he/she most probably is familiar with the EPUB-to-MOBI conversion procedure, and there is no point in converting EPUB to MOBI in Atlantis. Kindle Previewer is not a command-line utility that can be just unpacked to any folder. Its standard location in a user's system is a hidden "Application Data" folder.

The EPUB-to-MOBI conversion in Atlantis should not be seen as a major feature. If a fully automatic EPUB-to-MOBI conversion is not OK with some users, they should simply use the corresponding tools from Amazon. Atlantis could not be of any help if a user needs more than the kindlegen utility has to offer.

awp
05-25-2013, 06:15 AM
And by the way, Atlantis Word Processor can convert documents to EPUB (and now to MOBI too) through the Batch conversion (http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/help/batch_conversion.htm) command. Kindle Previewer is completely inappropriate for this purpose.

DaleDe
05-25-2013, 11:16 AM
I understand. I really thought the KindeGen was enough from the beginning but I was put aback by your statement that users didn't need to see the log file which is certainly something the KindleGen program does have to offer. What can it hurt to redirect this information to a file?

Dale

awp
05-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you about this.

First, such a log file would not be of much use, if any. If you are not sure that an automatically generated MOBI file is OK, it is preferable to test it with Kindle Previewer. There is a problem with consistency and common sense. By converting an EPUB file to MOBI, Atlantis saves a user a couple of mouse clicks or key presses. Those who have difficulties with running a command-line utility, might find this automatic conversion useful. But they would never need to play with a cryptic log file.

Second, as far as I know, kindlegen.exe does not create log files. It does display various warnings in its console window. Capturing text from a console window which normally displays for a second or less, is possible, but it is not a trivial task. Sorry, but I think that it would be an absolute overkill. Especially when there are simple workarounds.

By the way, Atlantis does its best to generate Kindle-friendly EPUBs. If your EPUB displays correctly in eReaders, there are good chances that a corresponding Kindle file would also be OK.

DaleDe
05-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Ok but it is a trivial task. You just spawn KindleGen with the name of the file and redirect output using "> logfilename 2>&1" on the command line you just generated.

Dale

awp
05-26-2013, 02:04 AM
Dale, thanks for a hint.

awp
05-29-2013, 02:40 PM
I know, it is trivial. But...

A new video on creating eBooks in Atlantis Word Processor. Part 9 – Converting to Kindle:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/videos/creating_ebooks_converting_to_kindle

DaleDe
05-29-2013, 08:27 PM
I know, it is trivial. But...

A new video on creating eBooks in Atlantis Word Processor. Part 9 – Converting to Kindle:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/videos/creating_ebooks_converting_to_kindle

I have been using this for awhile now and it works well. The video is quite clear. The only thing that is different is that I get a question just before KindleGen runs that says do you want to allow this to run (I have a windows 7 machine). For me this is ok since I now have a choice. I can say no if I don't want mobi file and yes if I do. (Note to users, this file is more than 3 times as big as the ePub one since it contains both the KF8 format and the KF7 one.)

Dale

awp
05-30-2013, 02:35 AM
The only thing that is different is that I get a question just before KindleGen runs that says do you want to allow this to run (I have a windows 7 machine).

You can uncheck the "Always display before opening" box in that "question" dialog, and it would not display anymore.

awp
05-30-2013, 06:45 AM
There is also a way to reinstate the question dialog after you disabled it by unchecking the "Always display..." box. Just re-unpack the kindlegen.exe file to the home folder of Atlantis.

DaleDe
05-30-2013, 10:03 AM
You can uncheck the "Always display before opening" box in that "question" dialog, and it would not display anymore.

sure, I know that. All new apps behave this way but as I said, for this application, I like the question since I don't always want a mobi file. My comment was about the video which is so precise leaving out this detail.

Dale

awp
05-30-2013, 10:24 AM
I understand your point. But all those confirmation dialogs are Windows-version-specific and optional. The key thing is that a user is supposed to give all required permissions. There is one confirmation dialog in the video. I think that there is no much sense in including two more confirmation dialogs (one more confirmation dialog displays if you uncheck the "Always display..." box) which are likely to be disabled by those who need to create MOBIs regularly.

frank14612
06-03-2013, 01:55 PM
If this is not the place to ask this question, please let me know where. Thank you.

As I'm editing a long (~30,000 lines), imported document I'm coming across loads of quoted text within quotation marks. Is there a way to do a find-and-replace operation that will italicize all of it?

Thanks!

Frank

awp
06-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Sorry, but this cannot be done (automatically) in Atlantis.

frank14612
06-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Sorry, but this cannot be done (automatically) in Atlantis.
Thanks, awp. I'll see if I can find a Word macro on the 'net that might do this. If so, I can apply it to the doc in Word, save the doc, then open it in Atlantis.

frank14612
06-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Thanks, awp. I'll see if I can find a Word macro on the 'net that might do this. If so, I can apply it to the doc in Word, save the doc, then open it in Atlantis.
awp: Success!

I found the perfect Word macro at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/mvp-macro-need-to-modify/cf8f3bd3-c25c-4484-ade5-5bcb845aeccc?msgId=89fde4d9-e890-4437-b32a-30414a50fe9f
I applied it to the document in Word, saved the doc, then opened it in Atlantis. Perfect! All the quotation-mark enclosed sentences, paragraphs, etc., were italicized and included the original quotation marks. :)

This saves me much, much editing effort and time, and makes the resulting document, which I will be making into an epub using Atlantis, much more readable.

Hope this may help others.

Frank

abeonis
06-09-2013, 04:47 AM
Hi DaleDe. Your post from another thread:

Atlantis word processor has a batch mode that can convert your file. They also have a free trial period. However, they do not support tables. The text in the table is transferred but table structure is not. You will need to reassemble the table in Sigil.

I should have listened to you. I have evaluated so many solutions to my specifc needs that I started to become nervous and ready to give up.

I installed Atlantis 5 minutes ago, imported one of my MS-Word as it is, no clean-up. After a very short delay, I have my ePub file ready to be fine tuned. I open it in Sigil, perfect. Have a look at the generated HTML code, clean. Run Flight Crew, No problems found. I can't believe it.

The doc file I used was written 5 years ago, without any intention to create an epub with it. It is a 350 pages MS-Word technical document with quite complex styling. No problem, Atlantis does it job without complaining. I can easily immagine what can do Atlantis if the doc file was made on purpose!

I start Atlantis eval first thing on monday. Seems I am very close to fix my MS-Word > Sigil gap. Great.

BTW, I don't care about tables, I use images anyway and I always have Sigil. One thing that worries me is that you still need to open Atlantis to run "the batch mode". I was expecting running the tool from the command line, something like the following immaginary command:

> atlantis.exe file.docx -docx2epub -usethisINIfile > job.log

awp?

awp
06-09-2013, 11:21 AM
It's because ordinary users find visual (GUI) solutions more convenient.

abeonis
06-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Congrats awp. Very nice piece of sotware. I'll try to make it pseudo-batch with AHK_L.

awp
06-09-2013, 12:37 PM
By the way, there is the French version of Atlantis Word Processor. You can download it from here:

http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/fr

abeonis
06-09-2013, 12:59 PM
I know awp. I was surprised to find the french version but not the spanish one. Anyway, I prefer to use the english version, it facilitates the communication in Forums.

JSWolf
06-09-2013, 10:26 PM
You cannot use FlightCrew as your only error check. It misses things. You have to use epubcheck 3.0.1 to be able to say your ePub is free of structural errors.

abeonis
06-10-2013, 12:55 AM
I agree JSWolf, thanks for the warning. Actually it is even worst than that, passing epubcheck doesn´t mean that it will work on my kindle.

I did only a first and brutal 5 minutes run to check whether my PC started issuing some smoke or refused to work or if I needed to learn another gaz-factory software. There was no surprise, the formatting was not 100% good, it would have been a miracle. But the results were very promising.

After a brief check out, watching some of their online videos, If you start an eBook directly with the tool and respect the rules, it should work. This is not my case, I want to reuse the word files I did in the past, these files were all formatted/styled in the same way. If I am able to create my frst mobi mannually, I will be able to reproduce it, then systemize it.

OK, stop dreaming. A more structured evaluation starts now and I am prepared to face some problems. I have to understand how the tool works, specially the CSS stuff. From there, evaluate how much do I need to clean up my word files, how much do I have to regex, etc. The usual fun.

DaleDe
06-10-2013, 01:00 AM
You cannot use FlightCrew as your only error check. It misses things. You have to use epubcheck 3.0.1 to be able to say your ePub is free of structural errors.

I have used epubcheck 3.0.1 and it passes fine, no errors however that is no guarantee that KindleGen will work properly on the files, but so far it works well on files I have prepared properly.

Dale

abeonis
06-10-2013, 01:10 AM
I have used epubcheck 3.0.1 and it passes fine, no errors however that is no guarantee that KindleGen will work properly on the files, but so far it works well on files I have prepared properly.

Dale

Cool. Thanks for the motivation.

abeonis
06-10-2013, 01:54 AM
By the way, through the latest post to the Atlantis blog, you can download a free utility "tweak_epub":
Atlantis Word Processor Blog. Tweaking EPUBs. (http://atlantiswordprocessor.blogspot.com/2009/11/tweaking-epubs-its-just-zip-file.html)
(you will find a download link plus instructions there)

It can be used to make minor changes to existing EPUBs.

I am not surprised you felt the need to create this utility. l'll prefer Sigil.

Toxaris
06-10-2013, 02:32 AM
I am not surprised you felt the need to create this utility. l'll prefer Sigil.

I prefer Sigil too, but I still have this nifty tool lying there. Sometimes, only sometimes, I need to change things I cannot do in Sigil. Then this tool becomes handy.

Jellby
06-10-2013, 03:05 AM
I agree JSWolf, thanks for the warning. Actually it is even worst than that, passing epubcheck doesn´t mean that it will work on my kindle.

Doh! Of course, the Kindle doesn't read ePubs (unless you use a 3rd party app in the Fire) :D

abeonis
06-10-2013, 03:20 AM
Doh! Of course, the Kindle doesn't read ePubs (unless you use a 3rd party app in the Fire) :D

Thanks to remind me this. I am a total idiot.

abeonis
06-10-2013, 07:13 AM
It is quickly becoming my ePub generation tool. Much less work that Sigil.

Another reason why I still use Sigil is when, for instance KDP, do not want me to use HTML element A but use HTML element B to achieve the same formatting (for instance how to implement anchors).

I have no doubt that awp tracks all these spec related suff and implement them in its epub to mobi module. As I am the ultimate responsible of the quality of my eBook, it makes sense to check whether it is really implemented or not. If it is not, I can use a sequence of regex to implement them myself.

It can also happen to discover a new bug between 2 different versions of Kindlegen. Unless awp is in a very reactive mode and implement the workaround immediately, I will be happy with my regex in Sigil

abeonis
06-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Good morning awp,

From KDP Guidelines:
3.10.2 HTML Guideline #2: Anchors Must Be Added Before Formatting Tags
Correct: <a name=”Chapter1”/><h1>Chapter 1</h1>
Incorrect: <h1><a name=”Chapter1”/>Chapter 1</h1>

(By name= I suppose they wanted to say id=)

When atlantis generates the epub, it does the following:
<h2 class="h21"><a id="ncx1"/>Hyperlinks</h2>

If you use this same HTML to be used for the mobi, it violates this rule.
Now, it may work as it is but I want KDP to be happy with me, so I wisely follow their rules.

Now, let's assume that some of us use Sigil after Atlantis and for any reason we have to recreate the TOC, Sigil will add its own id:

<h2 class="h21" id="sigil_toc_id_1"><a id="ncx1"/>Hyperlinks</h2>

So ... unless Sigil causes urticaria to Atlantis, I would suggest that it creates:

<h2 class="h21" id="ncx1"><Hyperlinks</h2>

And everybody will be happy.

abeonis
06-10-2013, 12:36 PM
I am not sure the good strategy is to try to exactly reproduce in the mobi what our book looks like in MS-Word or Atlantis. I personnally do not work that way.

I have a master CSS file that I always use because I know it works well and is KDP compliant, so the first thing I have to do is to replace the styles.css by mine and clean the code generated by Atlantis, for instance:

<h3 class="h31" id="ncx3">Internal</h3>

becomes:
<h3 id="ncx3">Internal</h3>

And I´ll do the same for <h2> to <h9>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

It is a little bit more complicated for <p> where I'll have different classes ... and Atlantis do not use the same style name that MS-Word. (See your answer (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48775&page=8#110) to Chang).

I have an idea to workaround this I have to check.

In conclusion, and taking into account my last post (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48775&page=23#343), the flow that I foresee should work for me is:

MS-Word > .docx > Atlantis > .epub > Script1 > .epub > Sigil > .epub > Script2 w/ Kindlegen > .mobi

And if I do the right things right in my script (in case of urticaria):

MS-Word > .docx > Atlantis > .epub > Script w/ Kindlegen > .mobi

awp
06-10-2013, 02:44 PM
clean the code generated by Atlantis, for instance:

<h3 class="h31" id="ncx3">Internal</h3>

becomes:
<h3 id="ncx3">Internal</h3>

I do not think that what you are doing can be called "cleaning". If you have "h3" elements associated with different CSS classes, there are differently formatted "Heading 3" paragraphs in your source document. You are not "cleaning the code". You are removing formatting present in the source document.

abeonis
06-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Sorry. I am removing the formatting. Some others may have different CSS classes for H3, I don't know for which reasons. Anyway, I am testing my flow and I don't have different H3 classes in one eBook.

And I am cleanning it to make it compliant with KDP rules.

abeonis
06-10-2013, 04:12 PM
MS-Word > .docx > Atlantis > .epub > Script w/ Kindlegen > .mobi

And if I could run Atlantis in real batch mode:

MS-Word > Script > ePub and mobi

Zen.

DaleDe
08-07-2013, 03:30 PM
A friend of mine reads his eBooks on Android systems and informed me that the Atlantis made eBook would not open in Android using either Aldiko, FBReader, or some other readers. He said the same eBook would open on his PC in ADE. I tried the same book on my iPad and it was ok using several readers. I opened the eBook in Sigil and resaved it with no changes and then it would open fine on his Android system with any of his eBook readers. I have no idea why this would be so although Sigil did a bit of rearranging as it always does.

Dale

awp
08-09-2013, 01:12 PM
How about FBReader for Windows? Does it open that "Atlantis EPUB" correctly?

Could you email the following files to support@AtlantisWordProcessor.com:

– the source document file (RTF, DOC, DOCX, or ODT),
– the "faulty" Atlantis EPUB,
– the EPUB file modified by Sigil?

DaleDe
08-10-2013, 01:06 AM
I have submitted the required documents. FBReader for Windows and FBReader for Android are nothing alike. The latest Windows version was done 3 years ago. The Android version is done in Java by a different person. I do not think you can even compare one with the other.

Dale

awp
08-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the files.

I have installed the latest public version of FBReader 1.8.2 to my Sony PRS-T1 (Android version 2.2.1).

I also installed the latest beta version of FBReader 2.0 (beta 8) to Nexus One (Android version 4.3) under the Android emulator from the Android SDK.

In both cases, FBReader opened your Atlantis EPUB without a problem.

I cannot say why your friend cannot open EPUB files generated by Atlantis. But it is very unlikely that the problem is with the Atlantis EPUBs. Otherwise there would be plenty of complaints from other users.

Notjohn
08-11-2013, 06:46 AM
I can hardly imagine a book chapter containing 250,000+ characters.

In my hardcover copy of Swann's Way, part II ("Swann in Love") is a single chapter of 205 pages.

But it's impossible to imagine M. Proust using a word processor, so your point is well taken. I look forward to trying Atlantis on my next book (which probably totals about 205 pages, with 13 chapters).

awp
08-20-2013, 09:07 PM
No matter how many chapters you have in your document, and how long they are, you can convert it to EPUB with Atlantis Word Processor.

But if there are "too long" (300+ KB) chapters in your source document, Atlantis might save each of them as multiple XHTMLs.

The check for "too long" chapters can be disabled in Atlantis. Here is how to proceed:

1. Close all running copies of Atlantis (if any).

2. Press WinKey+R to open the "Run" dialog.

3. Type "regedit" (without quotes), and press Enter.

4. Open the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Atlantis Word Processor\LoadSave

5. Double-click the "Ebook300KB" value, type "0" in the "Value" box, and click OK.

After that Atlantis would not check your documents for "too long" chapters when saving as EPUB. But note that older eReaders might have difficulties with opening EPUBs containing 300+ KB XHTMLs.

mrmikel
08-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Large sections might also make other readers run quite slowly and take a long time to reformat when changing text size.

awp
10-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Atlantis Word Processor 1.6.6 has been released for betatesting. This version of Atlantis adds support for regular expressions.

You can find details here:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/beta/news_1_6_6_000.htm

Click here to download this new version of Atlantis:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/beta

DaleDe
10-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Thank you, looks excellent, but the download link does not work. I was too fast, it is there now.

Dale

Notjohn
10-18-2013, 06:11 AM
What I would love to see in an e-book-friendly word processor is a set of WordStar "diamond" commands. I have such a command set for my copy of Word 2000 and it makes life ever so much easier.

awp
10-18-2013, 06:03 PM
The hot keys in Atlantis Word Processor are fully customizable (use the "Tools | Hot Keys..." menu command).

DaleDe
10-22-2013, 01:43 PM
I promised a review of Atlantis word processor. Please check our wiki under AWP Review. I will likely be adding some more to it. Comments welcome.

Dale

Arios
10-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Nice review DaleDe,

Thanks.

TTA
11-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Hi Dale,
Users of Atlantis Word Processor can convert documents to PDF through any of the available “PDF printers”. Among the free “PDF printers”, doPDF (http://www.dopdf.com/index.php) does a good job of it, but the TOC hyperlinks are dead hyperlinks in the resulting PDF files. Only the email and Web hyperlinks are kept as active hyperlinks.

This said, any document created in Atlantis Word Processor can be uploaded and converted to PDF for free at http://www.freepdfconvert.com/, or http://www.zamzar.com/. The resulting PDF files have working TOC, email and Web hyperlinks if any were present in the original Atlantis document. I have always been impressed by the quality of the conversions available from these 2 sites.

HTH.
Cheers,
Robert

DaleDe
11-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Hi Dale,
Users of Atlantis Word Processor can convert documents to PDF through any of the available “PDF printers”. Among the free “PDF printers”, doPDF (http://www.dopdf.com/index.php) does a good job of it, but the TOC hyperlinks are dead hyperlinks in the resulting PDF files. Only the email and Web hyperlinks are kept as active hyperlinks.

This said, any document created in Atlantis Word Processor can be uploaded and converted to PDF for free at http://www.freepdfconvert.com/, or http://www.zamzar.com/. The resulting PDF files have working TOC, email and Web hyperlinks if any were present in the original Atlantis document. I have always been impressed by the quality of the conversions available from these 2 sites.

HTH.
Cheers,
Robert

Good to know. It would be good to ensure those sites are listed in the wiki. However, this information is not related to any feature of Atlantis since they would work just as well on a word file. I stand by my claim that Atlantis cannot save a word file as an PDF eBook. A print to PDF is not the same as a save to PDF (conversion).

Atlantis could probably insert the TOC link data into a file on the way to the printer and achieve better results in the future, but it is not there today. That is the way Neevia docuprinter works which performs this magic with a Word macro.

Dale

tuskin
02-04-2014, 03:23 AM
Hi,

go to:
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/word-processor-1-6-6-1/

tuskin