View Full Version : Signature?

Rique
05-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi, I do not seem to have access to the signature feature. I recall reading that feature was not activated until after a certain number of posts. I have 15. How many must I have before I can add a signature? Thanks!

Edit - I have 17. ;)

Thanks,
-- Rique :bookworm:

zelda_pinwheel
05-21-2009, 07:14 PM
hi rique, i thought the number was 10 posts, however if you have 15 it should be activated. try logging out and logging in again ; if it still isn't activated, repost here and i'll ask alex to look into it.

Rique
05-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Wow, that was fast! I think you replied before I even edited it. ;)

I will try your advice Zelda - thanks!

Rique
05-21-2009, 07:23 PM
@Zelda, no luck - I still don't see an option for a signature. :chinscratch:

On the other hand, I'm off to pick up my 505! :D

zelda_pinwheel
05-21-2009, 07:24 PM
@Zelda, no luck - I still don't see an option for a signature. :chinscratch:

On the other hand, I'm off to pick up my 505! :D

so it's mostly good news overall then ! :p

okay, i'll alert alex. hopefully we'll get it all sorted (it's possible that i'm wrong about the cutoff number ; it could be higher. but just in case i'll double check).

enjoy your 505 !!!

wodin
05-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Are you sure your looking in the right place. it's in User CP>Settings & Options>Edit Signature.

zelda_pinwheel
05-21-2009, 08:05 PM
good point wodin, always a good idea to verify you're looking in the right place.

lilac_jive
05-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Check now that you have 20.

Rique
05-22-2009, 02:03 AM
@ zelda, definitely it is mostly good news! :thumbsup:

@wodin, yes that is where I have been checking - I think I learned where to check from another thread in some other forum here...

@lilac, I just did and it still isn't there.

Thanks,

mtravellerh
05-22-2009, 09:35 AM
@ zelda, definitely it is mostly good news! :thumbsup:

@wodin, yes that is where I have been checking - I think I learned where to check from another thread in some other forum here...

@lilac, I just did and it still isn't there.

Thanks,

What about your Sony, rique? Not there yet? BTW, we're checking your sig issue.

zelda_pinwheel
05-22-2009, 10:48 AM
rique, i've left a note for alex in the mod forum, hopefully he'll check in soon and give us an answer. it's quite possible i misunderstood the minimum number of posts ; the last person who had this problem discovered the signature was activated after reaching 30 posts, it's possible it was activated earlier and she didn't notice, or possibly that is the real limit...

further updates as soon as i have more info. ;)

are you enjoying your 505 ?

Idoine
05-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Just trying my new signature... :D

Edit : Yes !!!

ShortNCuddlyAm
05-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Just trying my new signature... :D

For which the only answer is "yes - read through the night" :D

Jellby
05-24-2009, 06:17 AM
Note that not everyone will see the signature, I have signatures disabled ;)

Rique
05-24-2009, 05:52 PM
As of post #24, I have signatures! Thanks, Zelda!

... and yes, I am enjoying the 505 - we are still getting to know one another, but so far, the relationship appears to be working. ;) -- Rique :bookworm:

zelda_pinwheel
05-24-2009, 05:53 PM
As of post #24, I have signatures! Thanks, Zelda!

... and yes, I am enjoying the 505 - we are still getting to know one another, but so far, the relationship appears to be working. ;) -- Rique :bookworm:
congratulations ! so it looks like the cutoff is probably 20 rather than 10. i'll remember that for the next person who asks. ;) excellent signature by the way, i approve. :D

glad to know it's working out between you and your 505 ! i am sure you will discover it's true love. ;)

cartman
05-26-2009, 04:52 AM
Hi, as a new member i was trying to find out how to change my signature but i could not find in the FAQ the post number requirement. Can somebody update the FAQ with that info?

Wetdogeared
05-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi, as a new member i was trying to find out how to change my signature but i could not find in the FAQ the post number requirement. Can somebody update the FAQ with that info?
1. Go to your User CP, left most option just under the MobileRead logo.

2. Select "Edit signature" under "Your Control Panel".

3. Edit it just like you would a message.

Hope this helps.

WetDogEared

*edit* it seems like you need 20 posts before you can create a signature

Rique
05-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi all,

FWIW, I did not see the "edit signature" option until I had 24 posts. I checked after 20 and it wasn't there. I wonder if the limit is actually 25, which would explain why I would see the option after my 24th post? :chinscratch:

Wetdogeared
05-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi all,

FWIW, I did not see the "edit signature" option until I had 24 posts. I checked after 20 and it wasn't there. I wonder if the limit is actually 25, which would explain why I would see the option after my 24th post? :chinscratch:

Thanks, I stand corrected. :thumbsup: A member gets to use the "edit signature" option after their 24th post. Maybe Alex will tell us the exact number if this isn't right? :chinscratch:

WDE.

sakura-panda
05-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Is that true? I thought I put in a signature first thing before I even made my first post.

(And now I have to post to see what my total is. :p)

desertgrandma
05-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Is that true? I thought I put in a signature first thing before I even made my first post.

(And now I have to post to see what my total is. :p)

I think this is a recent thing, because of all the spam signatures they were getting.....

Wetdogeared
05-27-2009, 06:33 PM
I think this is a recent thing, because of all the spam signatures they were getting.....
Now that you mention it...:chinscratch:

WDE.

zelda_pinwheel
05-28-2009, 08:20 AM

yes, that's correct ; we were getting quite a lot of signature spammers, so we implemented this feature. a legitimate member shouldn't be too bothered by it since they'll be around to make 25+ posts, but a spammer is effectively thwarted by it since usually they only come once to post with their signature.

Alexander Turcic
06-01-2009, 03:33 PM
It's right, newly registered member cannot immediately add a signature, due to the recent rise in signature spam.

Once a member has made at least 8 posts (kinda arbitrary, I know, but spammers usually go for fewer posts) AND has been registered for at least seven days, he will be able to set a signature for himself.

Apologies that this change hasn't been reflected in the FAQ yet. :o