View Full Version : Multi-HTML Help!

tarifelagund
05-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Hi, not sure if this is the right section, but here goes...

Does anyone now how to put back together into one file those multi-HTML files you get once you explode a LIT file?

I would prefer the one big resulting file to be in HTML(, RTF, LIT or PF.)

thanks!

wallcraft
05-05-2009, 08:41 AM
If you just want to read it on your PRS-505, Calibre will convert it to ePub (which will still contain multiple html files). Calbre does not currently have a "single-file HTML" output option. One approach would be to convert the LIT to MOBI and then explode the MOBI. The resulting single-file HTML would be ugly and might contain MOBI-specific tags, but it typically displays ok in a browser. Using Calibre's command line this would use any2mobi and then mobi2oeb.

AnemicOak
05-05-2009, 09:37 AM
You can load the OPF file in your exploded package into Readerworks and recompile the files back into a LIT.

rogue_ronin
05-18-2009, 12:41 AM
There are a bunch of ebook editing tools -- do a google for "Softsnow ebook". He has an HTML merger, with special settings for Baen ebooks. I assume you are on Windows.

rbmake also has a merge switch (command line) to assemble the html files, given a start point -- it rewrites the links. rbburst (in the same package) can disassemble the RB archive it makes (check the switches) -- and you'll have a merged file, in two steps.

m a r

NSqirrel
09-07-2009, 04:49 PM
I have just posted an observation on multiple html files with SoftSnow you may find useful in topic 'Merging multiple HTML files into one HTML file.'

I hope that you find it useful.