View Full Version : How do I find a specific thread?

phenomshel
04-24-2009, 01:33 PM
I caught a remark in a thread (one of our numerous ones about DRM), to the effect that most authors don't oppose libraries, even though they lose sales because of them. I just found a quote on Goodreads about that and wanted to go back and add it to the thread - but I can't find the thread! I searched for "library" and of course got a million results. Is there a better way that I'm missing?

:thanks:

rebarnmom
04-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Is it this one?
Post #604

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43821&highlight=authors+library&page=16

And so what? What does that have to do with the moral argument here? What is the moral argument making it OK for libraries to lend books against a specific authors wishes? And why is that argument not applicable to the situation where we freely can copy a book we borrow from the library without cost and doing it very fast?

Please provide evidence in which authors, or a single author, have/has banded together in an attempt to have their works removed from libraries. Writers are typically the most vocal PROPONENTS of libraries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Good Old Neon; 04-03-2009 at 12:03 PM.

By the way... where in Illinois do you live?

phenomshel
04-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Hi, rebarnmom. Yes indeed that IS the post I was referring to, thank you so much! And I live in what I think is termed North Central Illinois - directly south from Rockford, almost at the junction of 88 and 39. Are you anywhere near that? We could have an MR meetup!

rebarnmom
04-25-2009, 12:04 AM
I live in Mount Morris, just north of Dixon. I grew up in Rockford. I would sure love to see the Astak EZ Reader! It was one of my choices, before I got my Sony PRS-700. Know anyone else in the area?

phenomshel
04-25-2009, 01:16 AM
Oh for goodness' sake... I'm in Dixon!! Yes, we definitely need to make plans!!! I know BadGoodDeb is in the Chicago area, but that's all I know of. Deb, wanna head out to the sticks sometime soon?

Shel

rebarnmom
04-25-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm in Dixon, more than anyplace else (outside of home)! I've sort of felt alone in the "sticks" as far as eBook reading is concerned! That's amazing!!

phenomshel
04-25-2009, 01:50 PM
ROFL!! Umm... If you shop at County Market, (or shopped at Jewel in the past) we may already know each other. I work(worked) cashier and Service Desk both places. That would be too funny!

rebarnmom
04-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Of course I shop there! That's where I found the carbonated juice that I like so much, called Switch. It's in the organics section there! I wrote about it in the thread about New Year's resolutions, as mine was giving up soda.

SMALL WORLD and getting smaller all of the time!! :bigwave:

phenomshel
04-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Allllrightey then. PM'ing you my phone number, we SO HAVE TO GET TOGETHER!!!!

Oh, and re: County Market: I'm the short one with the Texas accent. :)

EDIT: N/m, LOL - you have pm's turned off? Turn 'em on temporarily and I'll send you the number.

rebarnmom
04-26-2009, 08:11 PM
I think I fixed the PM! Short w/Texas accent... got it!
Do you have plans for the MR donut day? It's been a long time since I had a good donut!!

phenomshel
04-26-2009, 09:52 PM
No plans as of yet for MR donut day - think we should share a dozen? And show off our readers at the same time? Oh, and yep, you fixed the PM, I sent you my number. MR meetup, here we come!!