View Full Version : How do endnotes/footnotes work?

JSWolf
04-21-2009, 07:17 PM
If you have an ePub file that have endnotes or footnotes and you click the link and go to another page, how do you go back?

This is using ADE 1.7.x for Windows.

kovidgoyal
04-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Don't use ADE :) Seriously though I find the lack of a back button in both ADE and adobe reader extremely annoying, just goes to show that Adobe still thinks of ebooks as paper documents

JSWolf
04-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Don't use ADE :) Seriously though I find the lack of a back button in both ADE and adobe reader extremely annoying, just goes to show that Adobe still thinks of ebooks as paper documents
I do know one way to sort the problem, but it's not optimal. Just remember the page number before you click the link and then when you are ready to go back, put in that age number and go.

Jellby
04-22-2009, 07:21 AM
When I code endnotes, I add a "backlink" to each note. Sometimes I browse a paper book, find a note interesting and wonder what the main text says to deserve such a note... this is the solution :D

Valloric
04-22-2009, 06:54 PM
When I code endnotes, I add a "backlink" to each note. Sometimes I browse a paper book, find a note interesting and wonder what the main text says to deserve such a note... this is the solution :D

This has always been the most sensible solution IMO. I always create my books this way.:)