View Full Version : Increase PRS 505 connection to a single computer

psheu
04-21-2009, 06:15 PM
Hello everyone,

I have 7 Sony PRS 505 units. I need it to connect to a single computer that house my library. According to Sony, one can only connect 5 units to any computer. My question is: :blink: what can I do to connect all 7 units to 1 computer? Do I need to deDRM the BBeB or lrx files in order to do that? the 7 units are all legally purchased and need to connect to 1 computer instead of 2. Thank you for your input.

Sincerely,
PS

Bilbo1967
04-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Just out of interest - why do you have 7 PRS-505's?

JSWolf
04-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Hello everyone,

I have 7 Sony PRS 505 units. I need it to connect to a single computer that house my library. According to Sony, one can only connect 5 units to any computer. My question is: :blink: what can I do to connect all 7 units to 1 computer? Do I need to deDRM the BBeB or lrx files in order to do that? the 7 units are all legally purchased and need to connect to 1 computer instead of 2. Thank you for your input.

Sincerely,
PS
You can have six devices authorized with Sony for any one account. One of the six devices has to be a computer. So that makes a grand total of five Readers per account. You cannot have the other two authorized to the same account. As of now, LRX has not had the DRM removed. But if you can strip the DRM from Mobipocket, ePub, or MS Reader, you can purchase in one of those formats and directly read the ePub or convert the Mobipocket or MS Reader using Calibre.

psheu
05-04-2009, 05:00 PM
is there a reason why the lrx still haven't been deDRM? How come most of the other format have been deDRM except Sony's?

igorsk
05-06-2009, 05:59 AM
Not enough interest.