View Full Version : Different formats - UPLOAD?

tonyt
04-21-2009, 06:49 AM
Hi
Newbie here! If I have a book in two or more formats and do an upload to my 505, how do I know / control which format is sent?
Many thanks:thanks:

sirbruce
04-21-2009, 07:23 AM
It's either the setting in Preferences -> General -> Format for single file save or it's the one in the Output box on the right on the main screen. I'm not sure which or if one overrides the other.

You can also click on the dropdown selector next to the Send to Device button and change it to send a specific format to device (I guess Calibre prompts you for the format when you do it?).

tonyt
04-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Thank you for that!!:)

user_none
04-21-2009, 08:10 PM
It's either the setting in Preferences -> General -> Format for single file save or it's the one in the Output box on the right on the main screen. I'm not sure which or if one overrides the other.
It's neither. "Format for single file save" sets the format when you use the save to disk button and select single format. The Output box on the right sets the format for conversion and news downloads. You were right that select format when sending to device is the correct way to put a specific format onto the device. If you don't specify a format it sends the first format it finds in the list of supported formats for the device.

sirbruce
04-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Hmmm. Any chance of exposing that list and making it configurable in the GUI? That way people can select their default preference for their device...

kovidgoyal
04-21-2009, 10:39 PM
It's on the anvil for 0.6, though whether it makes it or not, greatly depends on how much time I have to spend defending my thesis.

dpierron
04-22-2009, 10:34 AM
It's on the anvil for 0.6, though whether it makes it or not, greatly depends on how much time I have to spend defending my thesis.

Good luck on this, you already proofed how competent and assiduous you were with your pet project Calibre !

Cheers,
David.