View Full Version : Closed Thread question for the Mods

daffy4u
04-15-2009, 01:31 PM
I've noticed that sometimes after a thread is closed posts from Mods can be still be added.

My question is, when a Mod posts in a closed thread, do they get a warning saying they are posting in a closed thread when they click "submit" or does it just get posted as normal? I ask because I think that sometimes a Mod doesn't realize the thread is closed. I can't even attempt to post in a closed thread because there is no "new post" link. Is that link always available to the Mods?

pilotbob
04-15-2009, 01:33 PM
There is no warning. There is a slight UI change in that the "New Reply" button label changes the "Thread Closed" but the "quote" button does not change.

We really try to not post in closed threads.

BOb

daffy4u
04-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks, I was just curious. :)

HarryT
04-15-2009, 01:44 PM
If you're a mod, accidentally posting to a closed thread is something that it's very easy to inadvertently do, unfortunately.

Patricia
04-15-2009, 01:46 PM
We do try not to post in closed threads but occasionally do so by mistake. I've done it once by mistake. It is understandably irritating to everyone else.

daffy4u
04-15-2009, 01:54 PM
I can see how easy it would be to accidentally post in a closed thread since you don't get any warnings. It doesn't happen very often, it just catches my eye when a one post thread is closed and it pops up with an additional post.

Dr. Drib
04-16-2009, 07:38 AM
I've posted by mistake, as well. It's very embarrassing, as the thread is closed so what's the point?

It would be good if flashing klaxons and piercing, oscillating lights would warn us, but that's not yet the case. :)

Don

Lady Blue
04-16-2009, 11:39 AM
I've posted by mistake, as well. It's very embarrassing, as the thread is closed so what's the point?

It would be good if flashing klaxons and piercing, oscillating lights would warn us, but that's not yet the case. :)

Don

Maybe Alexander could change that for you.

Dr. Drib
04-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Maybe Alexander could change that for you.

If all the Moderators wanted that - or something less "colorful," let us say - then I'm sure Alex could make do with something, as you suggest. :)

Don

Lady Blue
04-17-2009, 09:33 AM

Don

If all the Moderators wanted that - or something less "colorful," let us say - then I'm sure Alex could make do with something, as you suggest. :)

Don

Maybe just something subtle . . . 27656