View Full Version : Do not change thread titles without poster's permission

daffy4u
03-22-2009, 04:59 PM
While I really appreciate having typos in my thread titles corrected, I don't like mods just changing them without asking me or me asking them to make a change.

Nate the great
03-22-2009, 05:02 PM
I wanted to make it factually correct. If you will go into the thread and change the title, I will edit it externally to match.

In the future, when you report a rumor like this, could you please preface your title with the word "rumor"? It would be much more accurate.

daffy4u
03-22-2009, 05:05 PM
I wanted to make it factually correct. If you will go into the thread and change the title, I will edit it externally to match.

In the future, when you report a rumor like this, could you please preface your title with the word "rumor"? It would be much more accurate.

The word *may* indicated that it could be true or could not be true. Had you asked me I would not have mined adding "Rumor" to the title. Teh jury is till out for me.

My concern is that a decision was made to change it without asking me or telling me. I recall a big flare up that happened when JSWolf did the same thing some months ago. It wasn't okay then and it isn't okay now.

Nate the great
03-22-2009, 05:08 PM
There was also an earlier flaming freak out earlier this week becuase Alex had been regularly doing it to me. That makes my doing it to you truly a facepalm moment.

daffy4u
03-22-2009, 06:35 PM
There was also an earlier flaming freak out earlier this week becuase Alex had been regularly doing it to me. That makes my doing it to you truly a facepalm moment.

Thank you Nate. I appreciate it! :)