View Full Version : Spoiler tag not working

pilotbob
03-10-2009, 02:12 PM
It seems the spoiler tag is not working. OR is it just me? I'm using Firefox on Mac, and also tried safari.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nullam sit amet dui vel purus fermentum semper. Proin dignissim. Etiam aliquet facilisis sem. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Sed sit amet velit. Integer dui nisl, fringilla in, dignissim non, tincidunt eget, neque. Aenean viverra, massa a elementum dapibus, magna orci vulputate dui, et placerat metus nulla vel ante. Maecenas ligula quam, accumsan facilisis, adipiscing eu, tempus eu, mi. Vestibulum ac odio in magna sollicitudin pulvinar. Curabitur urna. Curabitur velit mauris, faucibus non, elementum in, fermentum vel, nulla.
Sed ac metus ut lacus convallis fermentum. Nulla dui libero, mattis id, consequat at, rutrum in, nisl. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Vivamus porttitor consectetur augue. Mauris fermentum malesuada est. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Aliquam erat lectus, mollis sed, sollicitudin ac, malesuada vitae, orci. Etiam leo tellus, pellentesque eu, aliquam nec, aliquet vel, mi. Duis viverra, arcu volutpat iaculis malesuada, sapien felis tempus orci, venenatis scelerisque est diam sed dolor. Nulla ut ligula id odio volutpat sollicitudin. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.

pilotbob
03-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Doh... and now it seems to be working.

This is interesting. Let me try this again.

pilotbob
03-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Hmm... maybe I'm not just going crazy, but I have arrived.

BOb

lilac_jive
03-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Cicero?

pilotbob
03-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Cicero?

No thanks, I just ate.

BOb

pilotbob
03-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Cicero?

Oh, I get it now. No, that text was just created by a lorem ipsum generator.

BOb

lilac_jive
03-10-2009, 02:24 PM
No thanks, I just ate.

BOb

Psshh

Is it just the fact that Latin is leaking out of my brain, or are some of those endings/words wrong?

HarryT
03-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Psshh

Is it just the fact that Latin is leaking out of my brain, or are some of those endings/words wrong?

It's garbage as Latin - it's just standard printer's "filler" text.

lilac_jive
03-10-2009, 03:32 PM
It's garbage as Latin - it's just standard printer's "filler" text.

Ok I thought I was going crazy there for a second.

pilotbob
03-10-2009, 03:35 PM
So, my spoiler tag doesn't work in this message:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=387585&postcount=23

What's different?

BOb

HarryT
03-11-2009, 04:49 AM
Ok I thought I was going crazy there for a second.

It actually has a very interesting history. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

It's used by printers in situations where you want to show a client the "graphical layout" of a page without being sidetracked by the actual text being shown. It's a (very) corrupted form of an extract from Cicero's philosophical treatise "De Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" ("On the Purposes of Good and Evil") and is used because it "looks like" typical English in terms of the word lengths and spacings. It's been used for centuries for that purpose, but it was only very recently that it was discovered where it actually came from.

lilac_jive
03-11-2009, 09:32 AM
It actually has a very interesting history. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

It's used by printers in situations where you want to show a client the "graphical layout" of a page without being sidetracked by the actual text being shown. It's a (very) corrupted form of an extract from Cicero's philosophical treatise "De Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" ("On the Purposes of Good and Evil") and is used because it "looks like" typical English in terms of the word lengths and spacings. It's been used for centuries for that purpose, but it was only very recently that it was discovered where it actually came from.

I thought I vaguely recognized it! Hooray! Checking out the wiki now..

Gaurnim
03-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Hehe, Lorem Ipsum makes me think about Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13273).
Her baby starts speaking Lorem Ipsum at some point ;)

GeoffC
03-11-2009, 02:44 PM
So, my spoiler tag doesn't work in this message:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=387585&postcount=23

What's different?

BOb

:getting back on topic:

It doesn't work for me in that link, either .... but it does for your other posts here....(I use Firefox only)...

gwynevans
03-12-2009, 08:30 PM
With that post, I see an error "this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName("div")[1].getElementsByTagName("div")[0] is undefined" in FireBug, but I've not tried to follow it further!

Who are you?
06-26-2009, 02:12 AM
I encountered this problem as well in one of my posts. It happens when you have one or more pieces of quoted text before the spoiler, or if you have multiple spoilers.

To fix the javascript shouldn't go two nodes up and then find the second div tag in the first div tag, but just go one level up and then find the next sibling.