View Full Version : pdf splitter

Akumag2
03-09-2009, 01:37 AM
I downloaded an ebook in pdf format and was going to use calibre to change it to lrf format, but i realized that my book is actually 5 books combined into one un-editable file.
Does anyone know of a way to split a pdf so I can have 5 separate files that I can later convert?

Thanks

frabjous
03-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Personally, I would use Acrobat to do this, but if you don't have the Full version of Acrobat, and want something free, you could use pdftk (http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/).

Akumag2
03-09-2009, 05:07 PM
I actually do have adobe writer but dont see how to do it, I'll give that link a try though, thanks

Akumag2
03-09-2009, 05:20 PM
hmm, maybe its just me but i double click the exe downloaded from that link and nothing happens?

frabjous
03-09-2009, 05:27 PM
I've never heard of a program called "Adobe Writer" (and don't whether or not it is different than Acrobat), but with Acrobat Pro 9, you just load the document then go to Document > Split Document.

If the thing you have works as a pseudo-printer (like Acrobat Distiller, e.g.), you could also just send the appropriate page ranges to it separately as if you were just printing those page ranges.

hmm, maybe its just me but i double click the exe downloaded from that link and nothing happens?

Does a black box flash then disappear? You need to run it from a DOS Prompt. Read the .html readme that comes with it.