View Full Version : conversion question

Indigo Ink
03-05-2009, 10:48 PM
If I want to convert a text only PDF to .prc is there is difference in the way the outuput would look/ behave depending on whether I use mobi creator or mobi reader (with import option)? Thanks in advance

wallcraft
03-08-2009, 06:12 AM
The Reader gets updated more frequently, but I don't know if MobiPocket has changed PDF import in the Reader since the latest Creator was built. The advantage of Creator is that it gives you the option of editing the metadata before creating the MOBI file.

mtravellerh
03-08-2009, 06:31 AM
If I want to convert a text only PDF to .prc is there is difference in the way the outuput would look/ behave depending on whether I use mobi creator or mobi reader (with import option)? Thanks in advance

Yes, big difference. With Creator, you are able to edit the intermediate file i.e. the xhtml Creator makes from the PDF before turning it to Mobi. That can sometimes make the difference between a really readable book and a complete and utter mess. This is of cause, only my personal opinion.

bwaldron
03-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Yes, big difference. With Creator, you are able to edit the intermediate file i.e. the xhtml Creator makes from the PDF before turning it to Mobi. That can sometimes make the difference between a really readable book and a complete and utter mess. This is of cause, only my personal opinion.

Nah, not an opinion -- that is a fact. :)