View Full Version : Auto Kindle ebook converter

AnemicOak
03-05-2009, 09:23 PM
I don't know if this has been posted yet or not. I just saw it & thought it might interest some of you...

http://www.download.com/8301-2007_4-10187502-12.htm

It says auto Kindle ebook converter, but as it makes a Mobi file it might be useful for anyone wanting Mobi format.

Haven't tried it yet, so I don't know if it's any good or not.

Leep
03-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Interesting link, but am not sure why one would want to use this vs mobipocket creator or Calibre which seem to do the same job,

AnemicOak
03-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Interesting link, but am not sure why one would want to use this vs mobipocket creator or Calibre which seem to do the same job,

Don't know, other than it's always nice to have one more tool to throw something that isn't converting nicely at.

kevindorsey
03-16-2009, 08:41 PM
That's actually quite useful. Thanks.

MsAstoria
03-23-2009, 02:18 PM
"Using a print-to-PDF program like doPDF or PrimoPDF, you can convert a DOC or TXT to PDF"
Yes, and you can also convert same to pdf through Open Office which is free too!
I don't believe that Amazon is actually charging anyone the 10cent fee. I think that is what they were going to do, but so far, haven't charged anyone that I know, including myself.
Also Calibre is great for converting txt to mobi and downloading directly onto your device. Don't know about docs as I don't use them myself. It does convert pdfs although I haven't tried it.
Nice article and definitely a program to keep an eye on. Thanks!

beernutz
04-01-2009, 11:16 PM
I tried this out and FWIW it works very cleanly and quickly and the output is very nice.

I first used ereader2html to convert a secure ebook I bought from fictionwise (which wasn't available in the Kindle Store) to html.
I then used this tool to convert the html to mobi and it looks great on my Kindle 2. Took all of 2 minutes to do all of that and upload it to the Kindle and start reading.

I've owned my Kindle 2 for 16 days and I'm already so tired of drm I could scream.

HarryT
04-05-2009, 08:14 AM
"Using a print-to-PDF program like doPDF or PrimoPDF, you can convert a DOC or TXT to PDF"
Yes, and you can also convert same to pdf through Open Office which is free too!
I don't believe that Amazon is actually charging anyone the 10cent fee. I think that is what they were going to do, but so far, haven't charged anyone that I know, including myself.
Also Calibre is great for converting txt to mobi and downloading directly onto your device. Don't know about docs as I don't use them myself. It does convert pdfs although I haven't tried it.
Nice article and definitely a program to keep an eye on. Thanks!

Note that the 10c fee is not for conversion - that is free - but for optionally wirelessly sending the converted document to the Kindle. If you opt to have it e-mailed back to you, there is no fee.

maryd2303
08-07-2009, 05:55 AM
I tried this out and FWIW it works very cleanly and quickly and the output is very nice.

I first used ereader2html to convert a secure ebook I bought from fictionwise (which wasn't available in the Kindle Store) to html.
I then used this tool to convert the html to mobi and it looks great on my Kindle 2. Took all of 2 minutes to do all of that and upload it to the Kindle and start reading.

I've owned my Kindle 2 for 16 days and I'm already so tired of drm I could scream.

Can I just clarify that I can download secure ereader DRM, used ereader2html (I assume I can google this) and then convert to mobi to read on my BeBook?

Wouldn't that improve my life?:book2::)

nohmi2
08-09-2009, 05:05 AM

:cool:I am still locked in mortal combat with PDF and downloaded this link. Put in the Input File and the Output File and stumped what to do next.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!!

Could Kindle 1 be becoming obsolete?

Cheers :smack:

ofcnick
08-18-2009, 01:42 AM
hello, great site! i recently downloaded a book from amazon. now get this crazy message. com.mobipocket.common.library.reader:method a(Ljava/util/Vector;IBLCOM/MOBIPOCKET/COMMON/PARSER/G;)V NOT found. does anyone have an idea what this is?