View Full Version : Page breaks in Mobi files

HarryT
03-05-2009, 12:46 PM
When I create Mobi books, I always force a pagebreak by adding the Mobi-specific: "<mbp:pagebreak> tag to the file.

I notice, however, that when I convert LIT books to Mobi, they come out with hard page breaks at the start of chapters without doing this. What other methods are there of forcing a pagebreak in a Mobi book? Anyone know?

pdurrant
03-05-2009, 01:10 PM
When I create Mobi books, I always force a pagebreak by adding the Mobi-specific: "<mbp:pagebreak> tag to the file.

I notice, however, that when I convert LIT books to Mobi, they come out with hard page breaks at the start of chapters without doing this. What other methods are there of forcing a pagebreak in a Mobi book? Anyone know?

If you're using Mobipocket Creator, you can use CSS styles like:

<style type="text/css">
h1 { text-indent: 0; text-align: center; page-break-before: always }
</style>

The page-break-before: always gets converted into the Mobi-specific code by Mobipocket Creator.

HarryT
03-05-2009, 01:13 PM
That would explain it. Thanks, Paul!

genfind
02-24-2012, 03:45 AM
Hi all - I`m new to this so where exactly in the HTML code would this little piece of script be entered as I am having trouble separating pages of a book which I have scanned from OCR to HTML.
When viewed in Sigil it is fine but when converted to Mobi for my Kindle I don`t get the separate pages and so this means it is really really messy. For example : At the end of Chapter 1 instead of creating a new page for Chapter 2 it continues at the end of Chapter 1 on the same page !
Where am I going wrong ? Would creating a TOC file in Sigil work do you think or would I still not get the separate pages. Sorry for being new and being a pain in the rear !
Thanks all
Anthony
:thanks:

HarryT
02-24-2012, 04:43 AM
The easiest way to do it is to add to your HTML:

<mbp:pagebreak>

at the point at which you want a hard pagebreak.