View Full Version : Please Help
03-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Hello I am new to isiloX,
1) I use win98 SE, I went into my computer and created the directory isilo_converted
2) I downloaded isilo X, followed all the instructions of setting up iSiloX onto the PC; converted the HTML within isiloX, it worked sucessfully, the big question is how do I get the converted HTML on to the SD Card?
3) If I was to click on BBC, am I only allowed to use (1) url at a time, for example you would have a story about a car crash and another story about the fire strike, would the two stories, be considered as (1)HTML or two sperate HTML? Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.
I use to use Avantgo, but it took up far too much space.
:( :( :(
Doube click on the isolex entry to bring up the contact properties. Click on the Destination tab, then click on the hotsync button then click on the appropriate hotsync identity and click on the external memory radial button (or whatever they call it) and you are done ... for the next downlad conversion.
Alternately, for the files in you isilo_converted directory, move them to the isilox directory in your palm hotsync directory. or to the external card directory.
03-06-2003, 11:54 PM
Thanks for answering my question, I went back to the iSilo site for the 100th time, and I found a keybase. It stated that if an individual wants to move the html to the extended mem, one would have to make sure that isilo is installed on the handheld device, in ram. Not on the extended memory card.
This does not work for me, because it will take up alot of ram, and to me it defeats the purpose of me using the iSilo method, I might as well return to the ram eater Avantgo. And I don't like the fact that you have to convert so many html just to read one section. I have a tendency to always be rushing in the morning, with Avantgo I didn't have to slave so hard. I will try it for another two day.
Again, thank you very much.
03-07-2003, 03:54 AM
Hmm sorry to hear you are not happy with iSilo. Just for the records though:
- the app iSilo takes about 350kb in your handheld ram.
- the current beta of Avantgo 5 takes this much memory in your ram:
... making it a total of almost 1100Kb, with the main program file already 2-1/2 times as big as iSilo.
03-07-2003, 08:29 AM
You are absolutely correct, I spent many hours late night on Palmloyal.com, and found an html called "The Palm Tipsheet Mobile". converting this particular html, the iSiloX converted everything; so it was like using Avantgo, but without loosing all of my ram. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Alexander, can you kindly answer two questions for me?
1) Do I still need to change the "User Agent" Mozilla/3.0 (compatible; Avantgo 3.2) what is the objective of this particular string?
2) I am a big BBC fan, I notice yesterday that I would have to convert 5 htmls' if I wanted to read 5 different news stories why is this?
2a) As you are aware the news changes everyday, so how would I go about updated those five html links?
03-07-2003, 12:53 PM
1) Yes, it is advisable that you change your user agent string. Somewhere on this board you find more information about that. Try the search facility.
2) Can you tell me what 5 different html pages? I can then better answer your question.
03-07-2003, 01:41 PM
Thank you for your reply, regarding the string, I don't use Avantgo. I use the iSiloX to convert the htmls, then configure to my user name, which goes to the Palm install conduit, which then go on to the ram, and I use the card file to move to the SD card.
The five html was just an example, I want to download the BBC for mobile, which I can do successfully, however once you click on to a link, it displays all these other htmls.
Would this be the following thread that your are referring to, please see the following: