View Full Version : Getting rid of Notices/Tip

astra
02-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Hi.

My screen is plagued with Notices/Tip at the top. How can I get rid of it?

Ta!

zelda_pinwheel
02-28-2009, 02:14 PM
if it's an announcement in a little blue box, thre should be an "X" button to click to close it. if it's something else, can you post a screen shot ?

astra
02-28-2009, 02:17 PM
if it's an announcement in a little blue box, thre should be an "X" button to click to close it.

Yep. It is. However, it is annoying that I have to click the red cross to close it. I wonder whether it is possible permanently to prevents the appearance of the announcements?

zelda_pinwheel
02-28-2009, 02:20 PM
well, we use them pretty rarely, for exceptional announcements, so they shouldn't be too much of a bother for you. i don't think you can block them, since they are meant for important information we want to announce, but once you close them, they shouldn't come back.

astra
02-28-2009, 02:25 PM
I see.
Pity.

Is it supposed to be important:
Tip Your first candid Kindle 2 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00154JDAI?tag=mobileread-20) moments? Share them with us here (and we always love to see photos)!
??????

Not for me.
I would prefer to have an option to decide on my own what is or is not important for me.

:shrug:

zelda_pinwheel
02-28-2009, 02:28 PM
hm, that's strange, where do you see that tip ? i don't have it.

astra
02-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Here you go:

daffy4u
02-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Just click on the red "X" and you won't see it again. It's worked for me.

astra
02-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Just click on the red "X" and you won't see it again. It's worked for me.
OK. I think I got it.

I was going through a news letter with many new threads and I was opening them all. So, all of them got the tip. Maybe if I closed it on the first thread it would not appear on others.

zelda_pinwheel
02-28-2009, 03:22 PM
OK. I think I got it.

I was going through a news letter with many new threads and I was opening them all. So, all of them got the tip. Maybe if I closed it on the first thread it would not appear on others.

yes, exactly. once you close it, it doesn't come back. funny though because i never got that one, i don't think...

Patricia
02-28-2009, 05:41 PM
I got the kindle arrival announcement, ticked the little box, and - like Zelda - have seen nothing since.

Wetdogeared
02-28-2009, 05:52 PM
I got the kindle arrival announcement, ticked the little box, and - like Zelda - have seen nothing since.
I believe this also belongs in the feedback forum, but does anyone ever look there other than the mods, and me? :)

Patricia
02-28-2009, 06:02 PM
I believe this also belongs in the feedback forum, but does anyone ever look there other than the mods, and me? :)

I wouldn't like to say. But the moderators and Alex, the siteowner, do look there regularly.
We can move the thread if people would prefer it in the feedback section.

astra
02-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Move it wherever it belongs. Sorry for the wrong subforum.
:o

Patricia
02-28-2009, 06:12 PM
It's not actually wrong, Astra. But I'll move it so that it's more easlily found, and doesn't get swamped by later posts.

Incidentally, does anyone happen to know how I could restore the notices, should i ever get an urge to do so?

Wetdogeared
02-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Move it wherever it belongs. Sorry for the wrong subforum.
:o
It belongs wherever you want it astra. Like Patricia, I though it would get lost where it was. It did get some response there, so maybe that was the right place to put it. :)

astra
02-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks.