View Full Version : Adding Computer format to About Me

MsAstoria
02-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Hey guys,
Wouldn't it make sense to add a box to the About Me profile that we can indicate what computer format we have, ie Windows Vista, Mac, Linux, etc. This way if answering a question on a thread, we have an idea if we are talking to a Windows person or a Mac person. Might be helpful. :bulb2:

Nate the great
02-26-2009, 02:38 PM
That would be useful. I don't like to talk to Mac people. :snicker:

netseeker
02-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Hehe, i would like to talk to Mac people but i can't. Everytime i see a Mac user i just could burst with envy and get angry. :cry:

grooks
02-26-2009, 02:56 PM
I really don't like socializing with Mac people either. Too bad my girlfriend is one of them.

MsAstoria
02-26-2009, 03:36 PM
So, how do you know I am not a Mac person? Hmmmmmm?:bam:

netseeker
02-26-2009, 04:15 PM
So, how do you know I am not a Mac person? Hmmmmmm?:bam:
As we all "know", using a Mac in Oregon is forbidden by the Oregon makes MS rich Act. Conclusion: You can't be a Mac person. :D

JSWolf
02-26-2009, 04:19 PM
As we all "know", using a Mac in Oregon is forbidden by the Oregon makes MS rich Act. Conclusion: You can't be a Mac person. :D
When they took those wagon trains to Oregon, they had two choices, buy a Windows based computer and have money left over for food or buy a MAC and have no money for food. They chose the Windows route so they could survive. They then banned the MAC so they would not have to deal with the bodies from starvation. :smack:

netseeker
02-26-2009, 05:39 PM
When they took those wagon trains to Oregon, they had two choices, buy a Windows based computer and have money left over for food or buy a MAC and have no money for food. They chose the Windows route so they could survive. They then banned the MAC so they would not have to deal with the bodies from starvation. :smack:
:rofl:

pilotbob
02-26-2009, 05:41 PM
[Trying to bring the thread away from Mac bashing]

That is a good idea. You can add that to your Reading Device field in your profile.

BOb

(Two Mac - Six PC family member)

MsAstoria
02-26-2009, 09:46 PM
So, how do you know I am not a Mac person? Hmmmmmm?:bam: Ah, you guys found me out. Kindle 2 now brings me up to three "computers" so guess I should put Linux in my computer formats devices! :rofl:

pilotbob
02-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Ah, you guys found me out. Kindle 2 now brings me up to three "computers" so guess I should put Linux in my computer formats devices! :rofl:

Yep. It is amazing how many people are Linux users and don't even know it. Many consumer electronic device use it, TiVo, GPSes, MP3 players, eBook readers.

BOb

nrapallo
02-26-2009, 11:17 PM
That is a good idea. You can add that to your Reading Device field in your profile.

Oh, I like that idea!

Thanks BOb!

Sweetpea
02-27-2009, 09:25 AM

Can we extend that Mac people to Apple people?

pilotbob
02-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Can we extend that Mac people to Apple people?

What is an "apple people"? I think there is a vocal minority of iPod/Mac fanbois that give the rest of us a bad name. Yes, I have an iPod and a Mac and a few Dells and a TiVo and a Sony Reader and a Kindle.

Stereotypes annoy me.

BOb

UncleDuke
03-07-2009, 10:18 PM
stereotype people are always fun, they read about how they are to act and follow suit, many mac people are fine after you get a few doughnuts in them and they start to mellow

RickyMaveety
03-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Eh, Apple makes a fine computer. However, I'm a build it yourself sort of person, and therefore am not and never have been Apple's target consumer.

As far as their mp3 players and cell phones, however, I'm not into building those sorts of devices, so I've bought both from Apple. Must admit, however, that it irks me not to be able to change the freaking batteries.

On the OS side of things, I've used the Apple OS on my boyfriend's Apple PCs, and Linux and Windows.