View Full Version : Mobipocket and Kindle 2

tracy90245
02-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Mobipocket has an ebook with 3000 classic books and I need to know if something like this is compatible with the Kindle 2? Also since it is such a large file would I be able to transfer only parts of it to my Kindle as it is too large to fit. Please let me know- Thank you!:thanks:

Nate the great
02-26-2009, 09:48 AM
All of those ebooks are already available through the Kindle store. Last time I checked they were free, too.

desertgrandma
02-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Mobipocket has an ebook with 3000 classic books and I need to know if something like this is compatible with the Kindle 2? Also since it is such a large file would I be able to transfer only parts of it to my Kindle as it is too large to fit. Please let me know- Thank you!:thanks:

Hello, tracy and welcome to MobileRead.

First, are you sure you want all those 3000 books? You might want to scroll thru the list and just pick the ones your would like to read.

We probably have most of them here, better formatted, and ready for your K.

Good luck!

wallcraft
02-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Mobipocket has an ebook with 3000 classic books and I need to know if something like this is compatible with the Kindle 2? Also since it is such a large file would I be able to transfer only parts of it to my Kindle as it is too large to fit. If this is a single ebook, then it probably has DRM (encryption) which prevents it being used "as is" on the Kindle. You can use mobidedrm to strip the DRM, but this is generally thought to be illegal in the US (although doing so for personal use on ebooks you bought harms no one).

If it is a single ebook, then it will need to be copied in its entirety to the Kindle.

Mobipocket.com has individual free ebooks, which I think are also DRM-free (and will therefore work on the Kindle), but there are better copies of all of them from other sources.

If you are in range of whispernet there there are a couple of ebook catalogues that allow you to download a classic ebook when you want to read it, see Free content for your Kindle via Whispernet (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40079). MobileRead and FeedBooks are the best, but otherwise a good source for thousands of ebooks is manybooks.net (http://manybooks.net/).

Ervserver
02-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Kindle II can't hold 3000 books..you better just download the ones you wish to read

MN Reader
02-27-2009, 08:25 PM
:DThree thousand books is a lot. I have downloaded about 25 which also includes some complete works of.... I will have lots to read including a daily newspaper (if they stay in business) and The New Yorker.