View Full Version : Polls and Choices

rhadin
02-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Sometimes polls are intended for specific groups of members, such as Kindle polls that ask only Kindle owners respond. I abide by the pollster's wishes and do not participate in polls in areas where I am not one of the intended participants.

However, that does not mean I am not interested in the poll results. I know that I can click the poll results button and see the current results, but I would like to suggest that pollsters who are targeting a specific group offer an option that reads:

I am not eligible to vote but I am interested in the results

or similar so that I can cast a vote that doesn't skew the poll results yet allows me to see the poll results along with the discussion when I open the thread.

:thanks:

zelda_pinwheel
02-24-2009, 09:23 PM
that is an excellent suggestion. in case pollmakers forget, there is always an option to view the results, but i know it's less convenient to have that extra click. you can also ask a mod to add that option, if it has been forgotten on a specific poll.

desertgrandma
02-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Sometimes polls are intended for specific groups of members, such as Kindle polls that ask only Kindle owners respond. I abide by the pollster's wishes and do not participate in polls in areas where I am not one of the intended participants.

However, that does not mean I am not interested in the poll results. I know that I can click the poll results button and see the current results, but I would like to suggest that pollsters who are targeting a specific group offer an option that reads:

or similar so that I can cast a vote that doesn't skew the poll results yet allows me to see the poll results along with the discussion when I open the thread.

:thanks:

If a mod would care to add that to my current Kindle poll, I would love it. Great idea.

desertgrandma
02-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Any mod out there care to add it?

pshrynk
02-24-2009, 11:13 PM
I just went to look at it and can't find any way of doing that retrospecively. I'll just add the line to not vote, but see the results.

pilotbob
02-25-2009, 12:25 AM

It appears to be there allready... the "I don't have a dog in this fight one".

BOb

rhadin
02-25-2009, 12:53 PM
If a mod would care to add that to my current Kindle poll, I would love it. Great idea.

Thanks for being willing. It isn't so much the extra click to just see the results as that I like to see the results and the conversation at the same time. I like to feel as if I'm participating :).

zelda_pinwheel
02-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks for being willing. It isn't so much the extra click to just see the results as that I like to see the results and the conversation at the same time. I like to feel as if I'm participating :).

completely understandable. :) i've already added the option to another poll just a little while ago.

GeoffC
02-25-2009, 01:16 PM
I always thought that was the "blue one next to the fish"

zelda_pinwheel
02-25-2009, 06:15 PM
I always thought that was the "blue one next to the fish"
another good reason to include that feature (as if we needed another reason).