View Full Version : Can someone convert a pdf to lrf for me?

GIXXER
02-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Greetings,
I'm a newbie and I'm having some issues with converting my pdf documents. Not sure if my computer is just to old or what, but I'd appreciate it if one of the site guru's would allow me to e/m the 3 pdf's to be converted to a sony reader format.
Please send me a message on this board or private.
Much appreciated!
GIXXER

Nate the great
02-24-2009, 12:27 AM
You could use calibre to do it.
http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/

AnemicOak
02-24-2009, 12:43 AM
One easy way would be use Mobi Creator to make a Mobi file and then convert the Mobi file in Calibre at least I've had it work fairly well on some PDF's.

GIXXER
02-24-2009, 01:29 AM
I downloaded Calibre to my computer, but since my computer is from 2001 it's having all sorts of problems. So then I tried running my pdf through a website that I suspect is using that Calibre program, but my output is only showing the pictures, not any text.
Anyways, if someone is good with Calibre and doesn't mind helping someone out, it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

frabjous
02-24-2009, 08:36 AM
If the .PDFs you're trying to convert aren't in copyright, you could attach them here and some of us might give it a try. Either that or upload them to somewhere like rapidshare or megaupload. I don't like giving out my email address to random people online, and you shouldn't either. It's not entirely clear exactly what your goals are with the conversion. The PRS 500 supports .PDF as is, so why do you need them converted? What's wrong with them the way they are?

GIXXER
02-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Good point about the e/m address, never thought about that. I didn't realize I can put .pdf on my reader. I thought from reading all the posts about converters that I had to put them into a different format.
I'll give that a try, otherwise I'll post the pdf's here as you suggested. Thanks for your responses and my apologies for not quite understanding the full ability's of this reader yet (just got it used)