Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Kindle 2 Sales

I noticed that if you order one today with one day shipping, Amazon says you will have it by the 25th...so it appears that the Kindle 2 isn't sold out.

Given the hype about priortizing customers, etc..I wonder if Amazon expected another sellout and sales aren't what they had hoped for. (Given the economy, I would guess the fact that its selling is a good thing).

Either way, I may need to take a break from the boards so I'm not tempted by all the happy Kindle 2 customer reports
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
I would be that it is more that they wanted to make sure that they couldnt sell out within days this time.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #3
europas_ice
Groupie
europas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't litter

Device: iPhone 11 (Kindle app & iBooks)
So far so good since I haven't ordered mine yet. (I was worried about them selling out.) But it's pretty expensive for me when I consider I have a perfectly functioning Sony 500. I haven't decided to spend the money. Yet.
europas_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
I would be that it is more that they wanted to make sure that they couldnt sell out within days this time.
I agree. I think Amazon wanted to prevent a recurrence of the K1 scalping on Ebay.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:50 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
And maybe in 3 months they will drop the price $50 again. That would be nice!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 01:35 AM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Buy now while you can...wait a week to order and you may wait until summer to get your Kindle II
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:40 AM   #7
Nickfdr
Enthusiast
Nickfdr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Kindle 3, I cants waits
Nickfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by europas_ice View Post
So far so good since I haven't ordered mine yet. (I was worried about them selling out.) But it's pretty expensive for me when I consider I have a perfectly functioning Sony 500. I haven't decided to spend the money. Yet.
I don't blame you, as the 500 is good. Although I had one for a long time, when the Kindle 1 came out, I immediately ordered one. IMHO, it is head and shoulders above the Reader.

For me, it was well worth the cost, but I admit, the K2 is expensive, especially as you should buy the case for an additional $30. Anyway, it was OK for me as I gave the 500 to my wife and she is very happy with it.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote