View Full Version : Group message notices

pilotbob
02-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Is there any way to get notifications when a new message is posted into a group area? A notice like you get for private messages / visitor messages would work.

BOb

zelda_pinwheel
02-17-2009, 05:09 PM
yes, you can now subscribe to groups and to the discussions in groups. go to the group home page and you'll see "group tools" in the blue bar to the left ; you can subscribe to the group there. you can also subscribe to individual discussions in the "discussion tools" menu (in the discussion page). you'll get an alert in your user control panel, after the subscribed threads list.

pilotbob
02-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Ok... I see how to subscribe to a discussion. But, the Group Tools menu (which is on the Right here in the US) only has the option "Mark This Group Read"?

zelda_pinwheel
02-17-2009, 05:19 PM
in that case you are probably already subscribed to that group. (unless it's somewhere else... i can't recall now. i found it by accident myself. just try clicking around in there. ;))

pilotbob
02-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Ok, so where do I get notices? I have to go to control panel I guess you are saying?

Wouldn't there be an "Unsubscribe" option if I am subscribed?

BOb

ShortNCuddlyAm
02-17-2009, 05:30 PM
If this is for the Book Club group, it hasn't ever had a Subscribe option :( It would be really useful if it did...

The two I'm subscribed to both have Unsubscribe from this group in the Group tools menu.

zelda_pinwheel
02-17-2009, 05:30 PM
yes, notices are in the cp, after subscribed threads. if you are subscribed, there should be an "unsubscribe" option ; i have that in "group tools" and in "discussion tools" for the discussions i'm subscribed to.

zelda_pinwheel
02-17-2009, 05:31 PM
If this is for the Book Club group, it hasn't ever had a Subscribe option :( It would be really useful if it did...

The two I'm subscribed to both have Unsubscribe from this group in the Group tools menu.

ah. that's odd. maybe that group was created differently ? i think we'll have to ask alex about that.

lilac_jive
02-17-2009, 06:23 PM
I have the same thing with my group (Romance Readers). Says the same thing as Bob's.

pilotbob
03-01-2009, 03:51 PM
ah. that's odd. maybe that group was created differently ? i think we'll have to ask alex about that.

Alex... anyone? Any idea about this. I would really like to get notices when there are new messages posted in this group.

BOb

Alexander Turcic
03-02-2009, 01:33 AM
Hmmm. I am going to look at it today.

pilotbob
05-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Hmmm. I am going to look at it today.

Alex, did you get a chance to look at this? I know you are really slammed and I certainly understand that.

No worries if you never fix it. I just always forget to go check it myself.

BOb

zelda_pinwheel
05-18-2009, 06:26 PM
ah, thanks for bringing it up again bob, because i get the feeling it is disactivated for all new groups, and it is also a feature i like.