View Full Version : Topic flags

pilotbob
02-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Alex,

You know how some areas seem to have those little tag things... like Buy/Sell/Poll/Sitcky etc.

Is it possible to have a tag like that in the reading recomendations area to flag Book Club threads with MRBC or BookClub or something like that?

BOb

zelda_pinwheel
02-17-2009, 05:06 PM
that is a good idea. i would suggest BookClub because people might not know what mrbc means.

Alexander Turcic
02-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Great idea. Will do tomorrow!

ShortNCuddlyAm
02-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks Alex :)

Alexander Turcic
02-18-2009, 10:51 AM
I added a "Book Club" prefix. Let me know if it's OK and if there is anything I can do. ;)

pilotbob
02-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Excellent. Works great.

BOb

nohmi2
02-20-2009, 04:44 AM
:o Okay, I give up.

I am sure that at one stage there was a whole article in the forum on how to change avatars, upload pictures, videos etc. Was I dreaming?

I am not the brighest bulb in the box in the box, nor may I add, the dimmest, but for the likes of myself, I need step by step instructions on how to do this.

Please someone tell me that I am not the only one. (pretty please).:blink:

lilac_jive
02-20-2009, 08:39 AM
:o Okay, I give up.

I am sure that at one stage there was a whole article in the forum on how to change avatars, upload pictures, videos etc. Was I dreaming?

I am not the brighest bulb in the box in the box, nor may I add, the dimmest, but for the likes of myself, I need step by step instructions on how to do this.

Please someone tell me that I am not the only one. (pretty please).:blink:

What are you trying to do? If it's your sig/avatar then click User CP and look on the left hand side. If you want to add stuff to your posts, click "new reply" in a thread and a bunch of icons will be above the text box. Have the mouse hover over them to learn what they do.

pilotbob
02-20-2009, 07:39 PM

Hmmm... maybe. Actually, making some screen casts on this stuff is a good idea.

Most stuff you do in your "control panel". That is what "CP" means. In the blue menu page up there ^^^^^^^ on the top of the page the life menu item is "User CP".

Go into there and along the left is a menu. They are pretty easy to see where to do to do what. Click through them and look at what happens on the right. Nothing will change if you don't press save... so you can't hurt anything.

BOb

nohmi2
02-21-2009, 05:20 AM
:) Many thanks for the replies.

Wanted to change avatar without URL, and post a video.

:thanks:

Cheers

Patricia
02-21-2009, 07:51 AM
There is also the FAQ section: click on FAQ in the blue bar at the bottom of the page.