View Full Version : Error When Navigating to Pages

dhill
02-06-2009, 12:42 PM
When I navigate to a page in a thread I get the attached error message. It only happens in IE, FF works fine. It started a couple of weeks ago. Is it just my IE or is it global?

Alexander Turcic
02-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Hmm. Is it always the case for you when using IE or is it only randomly? If randomly, what's your location? Perhaps the Internet connection is being dropped?

dhill
02-07-2009, 04:01 AM
Hmm. Is it always the case for you when using IE or is it only randomly? If randomly, what's your location? Perhaps the Internet connection is being dropped?

IE only. It seems to work on the first try, but not after that. FF works fine. If no one else is having this problem, maybe it's my IE. I do not have this problem on other sites. Again, it started a couple of weeks ago.

Alexander Turcic
02-07-2009, 05:19 AM
Again, it started a couple of weeks ago.

It may be related a IE7 bug and how we changed the loading of the Google Analytics code (asynchronous). This article seems to indicate it:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/04/23/what-happened-to-operation-aborted.aspx

Hmm. More IE bugs. We will look into it. :o

HarryT
02-07-2009, 05:20 AM
Alex,

This seems to be related to the DOM update issue that you fixed the other day. I get it at work whenever our highly-dodgy internet connection fails to load a page on the site. When a page successfully loads, there's no problem.

Alexander Turcic
02-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Yeah. I think I am going to revert the code for now. Although it's helping to improve loading times, I didn't participate to trigger two (!) IE bugs through it.

DigiDirk
03-06-2009, 07:06 AM
I'm getting this too and it's really annoying!

And it's just IE7 on Vista.

IE6 or IE7 on XP works fine.

Any hints? (Other than dumping IE7 or Vista...)

Dirk :cool:

Wetdogeared
03-06-2009, 12:36 PM
When I navigate to a page in a thread I get the attached error message. It only happens in IE, FF works fine. It started a couple of weeks ago. Is it just my IE or is it global?
I got this twice last night when starting up Firefox on Vista to go to MobileRead.

dhill
03-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Still getting this error on IE7 w/Vista, not on FF. IE is my main browser, so it is a pain to go to FF just to view this site.

Alexander Turcic
03-08-2009, 07:18 PM
It will be fixed tomorrow. Sorry about the inconvenience.

dhill
03-09-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm still getting this error. It looks like I only get this when I am logged in. When I log out, the error goes away. I'll try creating a new login to see if my original ID is corrupt.

Update:
Created new login and same problem. If I log out, the problem goes away. I also get the error message after saving a post.

DigiDirk
03-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Yes, it's still there. :(

I can circumvent it by opening the next link (next page, next article,
next unread article, etc.) in a new tab (remember I get this on Vista/IE7
only) or by restarting IE7.

But it comes back eventually.

It is just as if the current process (page/tab) gets corrupted.

Alexander Turcic
03-12-2009, 04:16 AM
My apology. It was meant to be fixed already, but something came in between. It will be fixed /today/.

DigiDirk
03-13-2009, 08:51 AM
I had no errors this morning. :)

You seem to have fixed it. :thumbsup:

Thank you, Alex. :thanks:

Alexander Turcic
03-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Glad to hear, Dirk! Yes it was fixed last night. ;)

HarryT
03-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks, Alex; that's a huge improvement for those of us with unreliable internet connections.

dhill
03-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Same here. Thanks for the fix. I use this site a lot.