Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
Edd666666
Enthusiast
Edd666666 began at the beginning.

Device: none
book does not show up in mobipocket.com listings.

Hi, I activated my ebook on mobipocket two days ago and it does not show up as available for purchase when I do a search of books available for sale on the site. When I go to my account I see this:
Welcome to Mobipocket eBookBase 1.0

Account Information

Publisher Name : Bright Moment
Publisher Affiliation ID : 5214

You have 1 active eBooks.

This would seem to indicate that all is well and the book is in the system, but it does not show up as available. Can anyone help me figure out why the book is not showing up for sale when it is listed as active?

Thanks, Ed.
Edd666666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
An advanced search on "Bright Moment" as the publisher got two hits (for the same title) here and here. One lists Edward Smith and the other Edward W. Smith as the author.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
Edd666666
Enthusiast

Wow, thanks Wallcraft, I am relieved to find out it is listing OK, but now I have to figure out why it does not show up by title which is what I want. I also need to eliminate one of the copies to avoid confusion.

OK, and thanks you continue to be a huge help to me as I pick my way though the process. I never would have gotten this far without your help. Ed.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
cause you have the title of the book set to
"book htlm"
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
Edd666666
Enthusiast

Hi Andy baby, thanks for that, can you please tell me where I go to change it to the book name and get it to show up in books for sale on mobipocket.com? Thanks for all your help, Ed.
Advert
Old 02-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
this is from the mobi pocket forums

1) Log into your ebookbase account on https://www.mobipocket.com/ebookbase
2) Click on "Browse all ebooks" link or use the search box to find the title you want to update.
3) In the result list, click on the title you want to update.
4) You will be redirected to the book details page where you can edit your book information.
5) You can also update your ebook file and/or your cover file.
6) Click on "Save and close book information" on the bottom of the page.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:08 AM   #7
Edd666666
Enthusiast

Bingo, that did it, thanks so much for that. Ed.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
How are your Kindle sales going, Ed, as a matter of interest?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #9
Edd666666
Enthusiast

Hi Harry, no sales so far. Although I would like to sell lots of books through them, I don't feel bad about it. Surprisingly my print book is really big overseas, but hardly sells in the US at all. I use it as a back of the room item mostly. I see the ebook as a way to reach more of these overseas potential customers that found the shipping charges prohibitive for the print book and did not have a publisher in their country. My main reason for doing the book on Kindle was to be able to say I have published an ebook. I am very interested in information product marketing and have done a number of formats such as printed book, seminars, etc. But there are some formats left for me to cover such as audio book and DVD, both of which I am working on. The only way I spread the word about my material right now is a free toolkit offer going out to my 1,500 One Minute Motivator subscribers. As I get more products I will broaden my marketing approach as it will be more cost effective. OK, thanks for asking. Ed.

Last edited by Edd666666; 02-05-2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: typo