Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
hgb1960
hgb1960 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
A hello to you all from the Netherlands

Hi,

Here a friendly hello from a Dutch reader!

I am new to ereaders and stuff, but I am a long time reader. Although my native language is Dutch (obviously) I do read exclusively books in the english language for over 25 years now. Mostly thrillers, technothrillers, adventure, but also historical novels and the like.
Favorite authors are (among others): Lee Child, Clive Cussler, Andy McNab, Wilbur Smith, Stephen King and Ken Follet for his two magnificent medieval novels
The first books I am going to buy as ebooks are probably the 3 alternative history novels by John Birmingham

Problem is: those books are stacking high in boxes on the attic! Availability of english books is really no problem so the pile is growing out of proportion.
And then: those readers are way cool pieces of kit.
So what do you do? You go looking for a shiny gadget!

My brother-in-law showed me his Sony 505 and I was hooked! I had to order one in the USA since they are not for sale in the Netherlands and I am awaiting its arrival.

In the mean time I did and I am doing a lot of reading on this forum and learned a lot already! I really had no idea about all those formats and stuff but I am learning fast.

I am looking forward to spend time on this forum!
hgb1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome, hgb1960. I"m happy you found us.

Let me warn you, we can be addictive!

Please also see our poll, What Country are you From:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37241
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
hi hgb1960 and welcome to the party!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi hgb1960 and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 a year ago and like it a lot. I expect you will too.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
Hoi
We zijn nu al zeker met meer dan 5 dutchies
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello and welcome! I hear you on the overflow of books, I'm dreading moving soon.

Come check out our monthly book club, we've got two more days to vote on a title. They might interest you:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37219

I hope you get your Reader soon. I know I wouldn't be able to part with mine
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote