View Full Version : Lbook firmware: V3update-uk-2.12-20090122

leandroide
01-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Hi!

I have just downloaded and installed this new Lbook firmware in my Hanlin V3.

I played with this firmware only a little, but I found it quite different from other firmwares (Hanlin, Bebook or Grammata). Things I noticed:

1. Changes in the interface: a little different. Nicer and cleaner
2. Now you can delete books without a PC!. With the list of files on screen a long press in the button corresponding to the book opens a new window where you can choose Open, Copy (this does not work) and Delete (this does work... nice!).
3. When reading an fb2 file in landscape mode there is an option (Landscape pages) that, when off, shows the text arranged in two columns.
4. Now, the crengine directory must be in main memory, not in the SD card.

Mobipocket support is like in the new firmwares from bebook or hanlin.

I didn't try any other format.

The link for downloading:
http://www.lbook.com.ua/downloads/V3update-uk-2.12-20090122.rar

Regards,

L.

Gudy
01-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Hmm, the bookshelf looks a bit more spartan than in the old look. I'm not sure that I like it. The new startup screen is beautiful, though.

One thing I noticed is that the status bar doesn't display the chapter boundaries anymore when reading an fb2 book. This makes me sad since I found that immensely useful.

leandroide
01-28-2009, 06:33 PM
One thing I noticed is that the status bar doesn't display the chapter boundaries anymore when reading an fb2 book. This makes me sad since I found that immensely useful.

Yeap... specially at night for those waitaminuteletmeendthischapter situations. :)

However... is it my imagination or this firmware is more stable than others?

L.