Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Lurkers, come out, come out!!

I know a lot of people got new e-book readers for Christmas. I know you are out there, wondering about different things.

Don't just lurk....sign in on our "introduce yourself" page, (here ya go!)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Click on the "new thread' at the top, and tell us where you are, what your device is, and what you like to read.

Then get ready for an enjoyable experience. I must warn 'newbies', tho.........this site is addictive! No one is too stupid, no question is too basic. (ask me how I know)

Don't forget all the books lovingly formatted by our members, free for the downloading!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I even came out without getting an e-book device for Christmas... I still like my Loox and I'll be making sure my second (I realized this morning my first was my Franklin Ebookman!) is exactly what I want before I buy one. Which is naturally also a good reason to start reading this forum
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I promise we only bite a little
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I must admit, since Christmas Day (when I discovered the Hawai'i Public Library Ebook checkout and finally figured out how to use it), I have read no fewer than 12 library books on my reader. I wish my library had a bigger selection of ePDF though, as I am not quite ready to figure out how to covert overdrive wma (?) for my use. Seriously, for me, figuring out how to read ePDF was a *huge* accomplishment. I love just about any kind of fiction and various types of nonfiction when I'm feeling the need to better myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

Don't forget all the books lovingly formatted by our members, free for the downloading!
Where are these books of which you speak? Hmm... seems like I need to do some more exploring!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I
Where are these books of which you speak? Hmm... seems like I need to do some more exploring!
Look up... no... a little more.. there... no... down a smidge... there - just there - that's it! Where it says E-Books - click on it, pick your format and browse away
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Look up... no... a little more.. there... no... down a smidge... there - just there - that's it! Where it says E-Books - click on it, pick your format and browse away
In the top-most (probably) blue bar on this page. I know, it took me EONS to notice it, too!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #7
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
wow, thanks!! looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and figure out the mobi reader thing..... My next big tech challenge!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
You aren't necesarily restricted to ebook libraries in your area, Grace.
Here's a link from our wiki to lots of them:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:57 AM   #9
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I know a lot of people got new e-book readers for Christmas. I know you are out there, wondering about different things.

Don't just lurk....sign in on our "introduce yourself" page
Yes, my preciouses...don't just lurk...come on in, the water's fine. You don't want to make me and my friends [thumbs direction over shoulder] come in and get you now, do you?

[Looks over shoulder]...Hey...they're gone...the squirrels have gone...hmm, so it looks like they've already given up waiting, and they're heading in. Brace yourselves, lurkers. Look for the "Introduce yourself" thread and run towards it...it's your only escape.

Cheers,
Chief Pirate Ninja Squirrel Coordinator ("The horror, the horror...")
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #10
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Although, I must say that the additction to posting here is insidious. Not that I'm addicted, mind you. I can stop any time I want. Really. I'm just not in the mood to quit right now. DON"T TOUCH THAT COMPUTER!

$300, please, you can pay the laddy at the door. I only accept cash, these days.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #11
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Although, I must say that the additction to posting here is insidious. Not that I'm addicted, mind you. I can stop any time I want. Really. I'm just not in the mood to quit right now. DON"T TOUCH THAT COMPUTER!

$300, please, you can pay the laddy at the door. I only accept cash, these days.
Hey, was that a post? I like posts - just like fire hydrants.

Me? I never touch the stuff.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:15 AM   #12
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Yes, my preciouses...don't just lurk...come on in, the water's fine. You don't want to make me and my friends [thumbs direction over shoulder] come in and get you now, do you?

[Looks over shoulder]...Hey...they're gone...the squirrels have gone...hmm, so it looks like they've already given up waiting, and they're heading in. Brace yourselves, lurkers. Look for the "Introduce yourself" thread and run towards it...it's your only escape.

Cheers,
Chief Pirate Ninja Squirrel Coordinator ("The horror, the horror...")
Well, if that didn't scare them away, nothing will...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

'sigh. People, you are supposed to wait until AFTER they join (when its too late....) to start in on the craziness.

These posts might make them think we aren't a serious site.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:17 PM   #14
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
One of us! One of us! Gooble gobble, gooble gobble! One of us! One of us!

hey, that always freaked me out mildly. Bonus points if you know the reference.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
One of us! One of us! Gooble gobble, gooble gobble! One of us! One of us!

hey, that always freaked me out mildly. Bonus points if you know the reference.
"Freaks" A 30's movie that was seriously freaky.......couldn't get away with that today.......