View Full Version : Karma notifier

pilotbob
01-01-2009, 03:13 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to get notified when you are given karma the way you are notified of PMs and visitor messages?

Thanks,

BOb

desertgrandma
01-01-2009, 03:14 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to get notified when you are given karma the way you are notified of PMs and visitor messages?

Thanks,

BOb
I just check my "user cp" on a daily basis....any karma comments show up first......

lilac_jive
01-01-2009, 03:15 PM
I just check my "user cp" on a daily basis....any karma comments show up first......

She said it for me already.

pilotbob
01-01-2009, 03:18 PM

I usually don't go to the CP that often.

BOb

zelda_pinwheel
01-01-2009, 03:19 PM
if we do have a karma notifier, i think it should be in the form of a genie appearing out of a bottle and shouting "KARMA !!" in a puff of smoke. :D

desertgrandma
01-01-2009, 03:21 PM
I usually don't go to the CP that often.

BOb

What? It takes all of 15 seconds!

pilotbob
01-01-2009, 03:23 PM
What? It takes all of 15 seconds!

HA! I just timed it... it took 18 seconds! You must have a faster clicker than I. (I didn't mean that in a dirty way.)

BOb

desertgrandma
01-01-2009, 03:25 PM
HA! I just timed it... it took 18 seconds! You must have a faster clicker than I. (I didn't mean that in a dirty way.)

BOb

See? Its not so hard! :)

Let me re-phrase that.

See? Its not so difficult!! :rofl:

RWood
01-01-2009, 03:27 PM
I got over and back in less than 5 seconds.

Or you could just memorize your current karma scores and check when you notice it increase.

desertgrandma
01-01-2009, 03:28 PM
I got over and back in less than 5 seconds.

Or you could just memorize your current karma scores and check when you notice it increase.

Yeah, yeah, thats what I do!! Which is why I forgot my anniversary..........:p

pilotbob
01-01-2009, 03:48 PM

Sorry... my karma increases much to rapidly to do that.

(If only there were some type of device that could keep track of mundane data and preform repetitive tasks. Sigh.)

BOb

EDIT: only need 50 more karm to over take dg. I have more than twice as many posts... not fair. :TEMPERTRANTRUM:

lilac_jive
01-01-2009, 03:50 PM

(If only there were some type of device that could keep track of mundane data and preform repetitive tasks. Sigh.)

BOb

EDIT: only need 50 more karm to over take dg. I have more than twice as many posts... not fair. :TEMPERTRANTRUM:

DG has exactly 50 points more than you.

Oh damn you edited it, and I didn't see it! Poo.

pilotbob
01-01-2009, 03:51 PM
DG has exactly 50 points more than you.

Oh damn you edited it, and I didn't see it! Poo.

I meant to say... to tie.

BOb

desertgrandma
01-01-2009, 03:52 PM

BOb

If life were fair, I wouldn't have any, the the book uploaders wouldn't be able to count what they have. All I do is post.

And, you are seriously starting to sound like some of the new Kindle owners on Amazon...'whine! doesn't work in Chile!! No one told me!"
:rofl:

ShortNCuddlyAm
01-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Umm, ok, I can't add up it would appear...

pilotbob
01-01-2009, 03:54 PM
And, you are seriously starting to sound like some of the new Kindle owners on Amazon...'whine! doesn't work in Chile!! No one told me!"
:rofl:

Wow... one little jest and I am labeled a Kindle Whiner. :smack:

BOb

desertgrandma
01-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Wow... one little jest and I am labeled a Kindle Whiner. :smack:

BOb

No, I was just kidding!!!! Honest!! Damn, there goes my karma.....I can see it evaporating as we speak!)

lilac_jive
01-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Oh boy, 7804 each! Now you are tied!

It is so tempting....

pilotbob
01-01-2009, 03:59 PM

It is so tempting....

Don't you dare... unless it was me you were daring to bump. :rofl:

BOb

desertgrandma
01-01-2009, 04:01 PM

It is so tempting....

FINGERS OFF THE KARMA BUTTONS!!!

BOTH OF THEM!!

pilotbob
01-01-2009, 04:06 PM
BOTH OF THEM!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl:

Love it!

lilac_jive
01-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I will never tell :p

pilotbob
01-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Speaking of karma... (and begging for it) as we are. Is there a way to view someones karma other than their posts? I don't see karma listed on the profile page.

BOb

zelda_pinwheel
01-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Speaking of karma... (and begging for it) as we are. Is there a way to view someones karma other than their posts? I don't see karma listed on the profile page.

BOb

i don't think so, but you can see their karma fortune, if you hover over the blue squares (to the right of their pseudo, in the profile page). and that's the best part of karma anyway, right ? ;)

lilac_jive
01-01-2009, 04:43 PM

BOb

Yeah I know! I added to you and DG and now she has less :blink:

pilotbob
01-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah I know! I added to you and DG and now she has less :blink:

But, you now have more.

BOb

pilotbob
01-01-2009, 04:45 PM
i don't think so, but you can see their karma fortune, if you hover over the blue squares (to the right of their pseudo, in the profile page). and that's the best part of karma anyway, right ? ;)

Yes... I always forget to look at those.

BOb

zelda_pinwheel
01-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Yes... I always forget to look at those.

BOb

:stunned: forget ??? to look at them ??? forget ???? how is that even possible ???? that's what interests me the most, in the karma system !!! how could you possibly forget about that ??? wow, you have no idea what you're missing !! seriously, take a look. you'll see. Teh Karma Knows All. :p

pilotbob
01-01-2009, 04:50 PM
:stunned: forget ??? to look at them ??? forget ???? how is that even possible ????

[Head hung in shame.]

BOb

(How did I get into the lounge anyway?)

desertgrandma
01-01-2009, 04:52 PM
I have just spent 2 hours on this board, and got nothing else accomplished.

Well, I did eat lunch while I was waiting for new posts.

My arse has grown roots to the chair. Thanks a LOT!

Nate the great
01-01-2009, 04:53 PM
:stunned: forget ??? to look at them ??? forget ???? how is that even possible ???? that's what interests me the most, in the karma system !!! how could you possibly forget about that ??? wow, you have no idea what you're missing !! seriously, take a look. you'll see. Teh Karma Knows All. :p

Right now, zelda is out to avenge the death of her father, Domingo Montoya.
:gigglesmadly:

zelda_pinwheel
01-01-2009, 04:56 PM
[Head hung in shame.]

BOb
heh. i'm not condemning, just stunned.
resistance is futile...

zelda_pinwheel
01-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Right now, zelda is out to avenge the death of her father, Domingo Montoya.
:gigglesmadly:

tee hee ! see what i mean ?

(hey, by the way, just what the heck is the auryn anyway ???)

xianfox
01-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Xianfox has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Dear Lord, how does it know???

zelda_pinwheel
01-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Teh Karma Knows All.

Xianfox has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Dear Lord, how does it know???

sheesh, do try to keep up. ;)

xianfox
01-01-2009, 05:19 PM
sheesh, do try to keep up. ;)

This software is scary. Maybe Sony and Amazon could build it into their readers and they could download the next book I want to read before I know what it is.

lilac_jive
01-01-2009, 05:20 PM

Well, I did eat lunch while I was waiting for new posts.

My arse has grown roots to the chair. Thanks a LOT!

I just ordered an entire pizza because I was too lazy to go anywhere and only ate three pieces. I did just accomplish something though. I dropped a lighter on my reader and knicked it a little on the screen :(

Nate the great
01-01-2009, 05:21 PM
tee hee ! see what i mean ?

(hey, by the way, just what the heck is the auryn anyway ???)

AURYN (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auryn#AURYN)

You haven't read The Neverending Story, have you? Bad zelda.

zelda_pinwheel
01-01-2009, 05:21 PM
This software is scary. Maybe Sony and Amazon could build it into their readers and they could download the next book I want to read before I know what it is.

hmm... you might be on to something... :chinscratch:

zelda_pinwheel
01-01-2009, 05:22 PM
AURYN (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auryn#AURYN)

You haven't read The Neverending Story, have you? Bad zelda.

sheesh, i'll add it to my list, i promise !!!

i *have* read "the princess bride" (the actual book !!) if it makes you feel better (so i totally get my own current fortune. ;)).

pilotbob
01-01-2009, 05:22 PM

HA! I may not have more karma... but I've got you beat here. I have been sitting on this forum for 4.5 hours now. And have also sent some tweets too. So, I got more less accomplished than you!

BOb

ShortNCuddlyAm
01-01-2009, 05:24 PM
[Head hung in shame.]

BOb

You know there's no easy way out now, don't you? ;)

desertgrandma
01-01-2009, 05:27 PM
HA! I may not have more karma... but I've got you beat here. I have been sitting on this forum for 4.5 hours now. And have also sent some tweets too. So, I got more less accomplished than you!

BOb

That it! Its now a 'get the least' accomplished war!!!"

I'm older than you and have had way more time to figure out ways.......hee hee hee...................

xianfox
01-01-2009, 05:30 PM
i *have* read "the princess bride" (the actual book !!) if it makes you feel better (so i totally get my own current fortune. ;)).

I just bought an "inconceivable" t-shirt at Steve & Barry's going out of business sale.

zelda_pinwheel
01-01-2009, 05:38 PM
sheesh, i'll add it to my list, i promise !!!

in fact...

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=31&pictureid=1008

here's my copy. it's got a full colour map inside the front cover (which unfolds). frankly judging from the condition i wouldn't be surprised if my copy were older than i am.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=31&pictureid=1009

I just bought an "inconceivable" t-shirt at Steve & Barry's going out of business sale.

nice. :)

pshrynk
01-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Now Bob has DG edged by 1: 7999 to 8000...

pilotbob
01-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Now Bob has DG edged by 1: 7999 to 8000...

I remedied that.

BOb

desertgrandma
01-02-2009, 02:20 PM
I remedied that.

BOb

Thank you, pilotbob.

I will try to be worthy.

nrapallo
01-03-2009, 03:55 PM

:eek: Oddly enough, in the absence of a true Karma Notifier, I do that exact same thing... :bulb2:

What's that saying about "peas in a pod..." ;)